out of these amps which one has the most gain

Mesa Daul Rect, VHT d60, peavey 5150, ashdown fallen angel 180, genz benz el diablo
Last edited by epiguitar77 at Sep 22, 2006,
I duno, bt if ur lookin for a REAL one, go for a spinal tap "these go to 11" amp
Ibanez and Vox...What a combination!!!
Why does it matter what has the most gain? It should be the sound of the amp that's important.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
mesa are awsome, the gain was good when i played on one. anyway its a better made amp
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Quote by R_H_C_P
Why does it matter what has the most gain? It should be the sound of the amp that's important.

im pretty sure all these amps sound fine
The ENGL Powerball.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by epiguitar77
im pretty sure all these amps sound fine

Yea.... but they've all got completely different sounds and characters, so don't just buy an amp if it's got the most gain, they've all got more than you'll probably ever use anyway.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Yea.... but they've all got completely different sounds and characters, so don't just buy an amp if it's got the most gain, they've all got more than you'll probably ever use anyway.

im aware of the different sounds, and i was just asking a simple question, and i wouldn't just by an amp for the gain anyway, and how would you know i wouldnt use all the gain?
Fender Hot Rod amps have the most gain because their knobs go to 12
Hi, I'm Peter
Phil Tufnel, haha.

My amp goes to 12, I win, apparently...
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by epiguitar77
to bad ENGL's are never on ebay :/

that's a good thing, at least for the ones that already have one.
it means that they don't want to sell em cause they're good...
i guess, it could also mean that they broke before they could
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by epiguitar77
to bad ENGL's are never on ebay :/

That's odd, i regularly see about 5-10 at a time on eBay.
Quote by epiguitar77
im aware of the different sounds, and i was just asking a simple question, and i wouldn't just by an amp for the gain anyway, and how would you know i wouldnt use all the gain?

Well, unless you're still one of the kids that thinks "oh well, let me just turn my bass, treble and gain all the way up, turn my mids all the way down, now we've got a good sound!", then you'll never need all of that gain... my friend has a DSL401, and it amuses me, because he likes to do that... but then again he claims to know what hes doing... go figure
is it even possible to measure gain?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Sep 22, 2006,
well the 900's gain goes to 20, thats like 11 more!

High gain is 5150
engl savage and powerball
bogner ubershiit
the most would be the diezel vh4 me thinks, brutal
You know even if a crap amp says it's gain goes to 20 or something, it might actually be not as much gain as let's say, a better amp with gain marked to 10...

Soundwise.

How is gain even measured? (no idea, I just use it, eat me)
Quote by JeffReigns
Well, unless you're still one of the kids that thinks "oh well, let me just turn my bass, treble and gain all the way up, turn my mids all the way down, now we've got a good sound!", then you'll never need all of that gain... my friend has a DSL401, and it amuses me, because he likes to do that... but then again he claims to know what hes doing... go figure

Some people need that sound to cover up their mistakes.
Actually knowing how to play has gone out of style.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Invictious
You know even if a crap amp says it's gain goes to 20 or something, it might actually be not as much gain as let's say, a better amp with gain marked to 10...

Soundwise.

How is gain even measured? (no idea, I just use it, eat me)

Sir, mines a Mk3 JCM900

Now go find your Roland Cube and take a dump on it and dont ever preach to me again about Marshalls. RHCP and Gabel should aslo kick your ass.

Gain is actually the increase in signal strength, that can and does lead to distortion, that why it can go higher than ten.
Quote by JeffReigns

But aren't Marshalls middy?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^indeed........... but no amp can escape the attack of the "mid scoop-a-divers" !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^lol.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by davedoom

Now go find your Roland Cube and take a dump on it and dont ever preach to me again about Marshalls. RHCP and Gabel should aslo kick your ass.

Oh and me too! Dont forget I have a JCM900!
^For you then, on behalf of you and us all! (Marshall men)

To Invictious: RHCP and Gabel AND kurdtkobaign AND Gutch should also kick your ass.
why is everyone so assuming on ug? i was just wondering out of those amps which one had the most gain, and people automatically think im some retard. i just wanted to know what the gains were like on these amps. and thank you for the two people that actually answered my question everyone else should go sit on a cactus
How can one tell? The amps you names are all high gain amps....depending on what you play through them, and the remainder of your setup, you will get different gain levels, and different tones.

Your question isn't very good...that's why you're being flamed.
Quote by davedoom
^For you then, on behalf of you and us all! (Marshall men)

To Invictious: RHCP and Gabel AND kurdtkobaign AND Gutch should also kick your ass.

Thanks
Dude, what's wrong you people, my post was neutral man, in fact, I was even slightly supporting marshalls, can't you guys read english? ONce a guy starts making a mistake, all other people jsut join in with the mistake.
Quote by Invictious
Dude, what's wrong you people, my post was neutral man, in fact, I was even slightly supporting marshalls, can't you guys read english? ONce a guy starts making a mistake, all other people jsut join in with the mistake.

Sry dude, I didnt say anything about you! lol I was just saying that Davedoom didnt include me in the list of Marshall owning users! (does that make sense? idk its late lol) Anyways, I agree with you. Just cuz the amp says the gain goes to 20...doesnt mean its more than another amp that only goes to 10.
Im only having a laugh mate!

Jeeeeeeeeeez.

Anyway, Marshalls rule and arnt high gain.

Best HIGH GAIN AMPS are the Diezel VH4 and the VHT Del. 120
You really shouldn't be looking for an amp for the highest gain. Try them out and see which one fits you best. I like the 5150 out of all of them, though.
Sent from my iPad.
Depends on your style..........

Try the VHT Deliverance too..... I heard it was a JCM 800 on 1...2...3..45...69....90 pills of steroids !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!