Right, the other day i got my first Dream Theater DVD, and John Petrucci is just WOW. I mean, id seen the 2005 G3 tour and he was more than impressive but hearing him in his own band was something of a revelation.
So ive decided to go and buy his Rock Discipline DVD, only problem is that i cant find it in stores (i live in Ormskirk England, kinda between Liverpool and Manchester) and my searching of the internet has lead to nothing but sheer irratation. I Would prefer to buy it from a .co.uk site and i cant find it sold in one, and i need it to be in Region 0 or 2, and the only ones i can find of them are about £35 to £65.
So my question is this, is the DVD a) worth it or would i be better spending my money elsewhere, b) available in a co.uk site and in the region i need.
All help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Robbie n strat
What on earth goes on in your mind H4x0r.

Quote by cliff_em_all
i think i love you in the non gayest way possible.
its worth it totally
you can watch parts of it on youtube and video.google

i downloaded it cuz i didnt fint it anywhere
its kinda old, like 1995 more or less
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
well
its a very good video
BUT
all of it has been uploaded to google video
LOL
its illegal yes... but as you are saying its a bugger to get in england

and to the above comment, the VHS was 1995 but a dvd came out in 2001/2 i think
Oh, i didnt know, ill go check google video now.
Still, it would be nice to have it in a hard copy, although i have no bones about illegal downloading.
Hmmm...ive never really like streaming, and to be honest, id rather buy it then have to re-stream it everytime i wished to watch it. And the streaming isnt exactly fast.
Any one got any leads on buying it online?
Quote by Robbie n strat

Quote by cliff_em_all
If anything buy the book, its comes with a cd so you can hear how you're suppost to play the riffs. All the riffs from the movie are in the book (well like 90-95% of them are, the important once atleast)...
Quote by Paradigm Shift
If anything buy the book, its comes with a cd so you can hear how you're suppost to play the riffs. All the riffs from the movie are in the book (well like 90-95% of them are, the important once atleast)...

By the book you mean
http://www.amazon.co.uk/John-Petrucci-Rock-Discipline/dp/1576234746/sr=8-4/qid=1158951587/ref=pd_ka_4/026-8624324-1426856?ie=UTF8&s=books
?
Would this be any good as well? Or would it be redundant with the above item?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/John-Petrucci-Wild-Stringdom/dp/0769291023/sr=8-1/qid=1158951587/ref=pd_ka_1/026-8624324-1426856?ie=UTF8&s=books

Unfortunatly, the dvd is available to buy on amazon.co.uk, but its region 1 and i wouldent be comfertable buying it. Ah well, if the book has clips it really dosent matter?
Quote by Robbie n strat

Quote by cliff_em_all
Ummm... I would still say the DVD is better. He shows you all the stuff in it, and it also comes with a tab book covering everything.
Hmmm...just went and checked my tv out and it dosent support NTSC (piece of crap) so i cant buy import and therefore have to buy PAL versions which i cant seem to find.
Quote by Robbie n strat

Quote by cliff_em_all