Ok sorry if this is a common noob question, which im sure it is. But, ive been playing for a few months now, and my current guitar, does nothing for me, horrible to play, not nice to practise on, and looks like a giant turd.
So, my question is, anyone recommend a few GOOD guitars, (Good tone/Playability/Looks, you decide ) For me to buy, im looking around 200 English pounds, maybe more for additional pickups, im looking for a good looking, nice guitar.
Thinking about mockingbird platinum/Bronze series atm, bronze with seymour duncan humbuckers, or just a plain platinum.

All help is MUCH appreciated, you should also know im looking for a metal/rock guitar. Electric not acoustic.

Thank you.
honestly id suggest staying away from bc rich unless you have a couple of grand. also save your money and buy something worthwhile, what guitar do you have at the moment because i cant see you getting much of an improvment for 200 quid
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Aria ****ty ****head, tbh... the guitar was like 100 quid set with amp strap case ect, its a pile of ****, and the mockingbird looks nice, alot of reviews say its nice but abit heavy, im fairly sure there's a decentish guitar thats cheap for begginers.
a Yamaha pacifica 012 or a low-end ibanez'd be great for that budget.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

how long have you been playing just out of interest?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/solid-body-six-string-electric-guitar?N=100001%2b306241&Ns=P_Price%7c0&g=guitar&page=1 ]

a list of all musicians friend guitars priced low to high, but honestly again id suggest saving your money at this point
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Be more specific and tell people what style you play. For 200 quid you ain't getting much apart from a squire strat or an epi lp100
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Well as ive said, ive been playing a few months, around 3. But i dont enjoy playing my guitar, i find it harder to play... than say playing a friends SG or les paul. I really dont wish to spend alot of money... but i need a new guitar, also - Yamaha pacifica is something i really dont want.

And, i play maiden/Metallica, metal really, abit of ac/dc. Im not a hardcore guitarist, as ive only been playing abit, so my style is not defined to well yet.
if you are dead set on getting a new guitar given the time you've been playing id suggest an epi les paul standard (avoid the special and 100) , it will cope with what you want to play now and give you some options as you move onto different styles when your playing progresses

good luck finding what you need
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
I've never played a decent Pacifica 012. Ibanez would be a good bet though. There's an Iceman X for £199 in the Sound Control near me. Killer guitar for the price.

Although really, you should save up. If you save up you can get an ace guitar which'll last you a long, long time.
21st Century Digital Boy
I would recomend guitars, if I knew how much 200 pounds would be in U.S currency...
Cuz I don't know crap (about currency).
save 250 more or pawn your sh t now, sell crack or, wait and get an epi lp. f ck these other jokers who dis epi. its the same sh t. same wood, neck, fretboard, not the same pickups by anymeans, but you have only played 3 months so your really not gonna tell much a difference b/t and epi and gibson. its a lp and thats all that matters. they play like butter and make it easy to play. do it and just wait for xmas it's like 3 months away.
and by then 3 months more practice and your sh t will sound even better on a new better guitar
Quote by Costanza
I would recomend guitars, if I knew how much 200 pounds would be in U.S currency...
Cuz I don't know crap (about currency).

around 380
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
if u like the SG then for about £200 you can get the epi G-310, but i wouldnt recomend getting it, the 400 is worth the extra

my advice- save up a bit longer and get a half decent ibanez or epi
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Epiphone SG G400 there about £250 i think but there worth the extra £50 get the Fixed neck (G400) as opposed to the bolt neck (G200?) you'gg get more sustain especially lookin for a real rocky lead guitar.
For £200, shop around, second hand perhaps? But for brand new, Ibanez RG321MH is the way to go...
I agree, get an Ibanez RG321MH.

Pawn your current guitar and claim it is a great guitar for some extra $$$
i got an ibanez ic200 for 279 canadian great great guitar, and my frend has an ibanez gio, dont know the model, but he paid 200 for it and its really good for the price. all ibanez guitars are great, fast neck, low action, but pickups arent the best ever.