name the program that you use and how you print it out and where you get the template from:

I use TurboCAD 2D, I print it out and it says to print out All 100 pages, and I got the template from www.guitarbuild.com

Everytime i try to print it it makes my printer go crazy printing out blank pages :S
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
im so confused, please someone help me :S
Larrivée D-03R
Make sure you have the units of measurements the right way around, there is a big difference between 100 inches and 100 millimetres. Also have a fiddle around the printing options, i've printed a few this using turboCAD 2D and not had problems. It will take around 8 pages to print one out when the settings are right.
Quote by dave293
Make sure you have the units of measurements the right way around, there is a big difference between 100 inches and 100 millimetres. Also have a fiddle around the printing options, i've printed a few this using turboCAD 2D and not had problems. It will take around 8 pages to print one out when the settings are right.

Exactly the same with me. I think you change the scaling from memory
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Exactly the same with me. I think you change the scaling from memory

I still don't know what you or Dave is talking about..
Where can you change the measurements from inches to millimetres?
Attached I have the file I'm working with, please help me in fixing it.
Attachments:
RG HELP PRINTING.zip
Larrivée D-03R
I use microsoft paint to print.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Well, I see what's the problem here. You're guitar is 300 inches long
I've got it worked out. Approximately how long is a RG?
EDIT: ARGH! Why can't people draw things to scale? This is ****ting me off getting it to print properly!
EDIT #2: Ok, I have scaled this one down to approximately the proper size. Press Ctrl-A before you click print, then click on print from selection. This will get it down to 4 pages.
Attachments:
RG Modified.zip
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Last edited by the_random_hero at Sep 27, 2006,
Quote by the_random_hero
Well, I see what's the problem here. You're guitar is 300 inches long
I've got it worked out. Approximately how long is a RG?
EDIT: ARGH! Why can't people draw things to scale? This is ****ting me off getting it to print properly!
EDIT #2: Ok, I have scaled this one down to approximately the proper size. Press Ctrl-A before you click print, then click on print from selection. This will get it down to 4 pages.

WOW its done to 9 pages now thanks!
How did you get it down to 4 pages? I pressed Ctrl+A before I clicked print.
And how did you change the measurements? All of my guitar template files are all in inches :S
Larrivée D-03R
I just selected all the body pieces and pressed shift while I dragged them down to make them a lot smaller. The body shape is still the same, but it gets scaled down a lot. I made the body about 15 inches long, then printed off a copy and compared it to the size of my guitar (roughly the same shape).
Yea i need help with mine cus i'm just getting it on one small peice of paper and i want it to do acrosss multiple so its the actual size of guitar. but umm how the hell do you put it into a post?
^its going to be a scale to fit media selector you need to uncheck, now thats what it is in CAD 2005 so i can only assume that their is a similar option in turbo cad, you might need to scale it to size too, you just need to take and find out how big the drawing you have is and how big it should be

you take and scale it by useing the larger number (all of the decimal places also) and divideing it by the smaller number. this gives you a "scale factor" that you take and scale your drawing with,
typically it entails useing a scale command and scale it from the orgin (0,0,0 in Acad and 0,0 in turbo cad) by whatever the scale factor is suposed to be (see above)

thats how it goes, it will get you spot on every time.
Garren-damn-teed
~jt
Well, I actually figured it out. Just then. By accident. And it's pretty easy, but it only works for some of them.
If it says the guitar is over 1000 inches long, you click Options>Drawing Setup>Change to Metric>Change to mm
Some plans also have a little sentence down the bottom that says 'Drawing units are in mm's, inches, etc. This is how I worked this out.
Thanks the_random_hero !

1 question... how can I get that RG body to be fitted for a 7 string :S
Larrivée D-03R
Well, you'd have to work out the thickness of a bolt on 7 string neck, then make the neckish part wide enough to accomodate it. If you want to give me dimensions, I'll have a crack at it.
Quote by the_random_hero
Well, I actually figured it out. Just then. By accident. And it's pretty easy, but it only works for some of them.
If it says the guitar is over 1000 inches long, you click Options>Drawing Setup>Change to Metric>Change to mm
Some plans also have a little sentence down the bottom that says 'Drawing units are in mm's, inches, etc. This is how I worked this out.

um well actually that would make it the same, i think the scale might be off still, see even if its in mm or cm or whatever it is the same, like a pound of butter or a pound of feathers, they are both a pound or even 10mm or 1cm, also the same. maby it just makes the scale smaller, i would still check it to make sure the mesurements are right before cutting on a piece of nice wood...
Well, the program seems to work like you draw in 'drawing units'. You can change these to inches, mm, cm, etc. It scales the picture accordingly too. Funny way of doing it I would have thought
I might sound like an idiot, but... where do I get online templates at? Like the one the threadstarter is using? I really need to know! Thanks if anyone can answer!
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Here
You can also get TurboCad off that site.
Aw, thats a shame... they dont have Strat templates...
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway