hey im not a bass player myself but well i just love to have things realy, no question about it!

im looking at this "fender tele bass"(aparently) from around 1960 and i havent a cloo if it, well, realy is acctuly a fender?!?!?!?!?!

hears the link to the images and i wonder if any of you guys can help me out? thanks for looking neways. cheers

http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/57/9d/d5_1.JPG

http://i2.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/66/03/37_1.JPG
=]
Quote by flying-v-dude
hey im not a bass player myself but well i just love to have things realy, no question about it!

im looking at this "fender tele bass"(aparently) from around 1960 and i havent a cloo if it, well, realy is acctuly a fender?!?!?!?!?!

hears the link to the images and i wonder if any of you guys can help me out? thanks for looking neways. cheers

http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/57/9d/d5_1.JPG

http://i2.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/66/03/37_1.JPG
Don't touch it unless it is some long lost prototype (which it isn't) there is no way that thing is genuine!
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake.

Rex Brown plays what looks to be a Tele-Bass in the Walk video on Panter's Vulgar Display blah blah Greatest Hits DVD.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Yup looks like a old Short scale Sattelite, Who used to make Fender copies but with short scale. Its not even a very good copy.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
There was something once called the Telecaster Bass, but it sure as hell didn't look like that. It didn't look like a Tele either, 'coz it was a cack-handed CBS re-issue, but nevermind.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
There was something once called the Telecaster Bass, but it sure as hell didn't look like that. It didn't look like a Tele either, 'coz it was a cack-handed CBS re-issue, but nevermind.

It was just a P-bass with a tele-style headstock.
Quote by Bumper

Only had one pickup near the neck.

There was a thread on Talkbass where a guy had a Fender Tele bass, and replaced the crappy stock pickup ("mudbucker" is what they called it) with a Darkstar. Apparantly, it sounds fan-freakin'-tastic.
Quote by Bumper

Yeah, unlike the original which was a Jazz bass with a Tele style headstock (the original was called a Precision bass, but it was more like a modern Jazz bass. Guitar companies like to confuse you).
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Scourge441
Only had one pickup near the neck.
Exactly, the early 50's P-basses had one single coil near the neck and a tele-style headstock. They are now known as Telecaster basses.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Yeah, unlike the original which was a Jazz bass with a Tele style headstock (the original was called a Precision bass, but it was more like a modern Jazz bass. Guitar companies like to confuse you).

No, the original was not a Jazz with a Tele headstock. The "Telecaster bass" ('51 P-bass) predates the Jazz bass by a few years.
Quote by Bumper
No, the original was not a Jazz with a Tele headstock. The "Telecaster bass" ('51 P-bass) predates the Jazz bass by a few years.

In the early 70's they released the 51 P as a Tele bass, and there are also Fenders shaped like acutal Telecasters with a big humbucker in the neck position, I believe, that one comes from Fender Japan.
haha