Poll: White vs sunburst
Poll Options
View poll results: White vs sunburst
white
37 59%
sunburst
26 41%
Voters: 63.
Okay, I'm saving up for a Fender MIM strat. I really like the sunburst. But if I get it I want to do things like a new pickguard, knobs and pickup covers and a new humbucker. Whereas if I get the standard arctic white all I need to do is change out the humbucker. I'm not sure. Getting the white would be cheaper and I do like it. But overall it'll only be a little bit more to get the sunburst to my liking. What do you all think?
If you really like the sunburst, go with that finish.
I'd personally let the guitar do the talking first in terms of feel etc before comming down to the little details like finish.
Its the same guitar just in different colors. I like both of them, I just cant decide!!!

EDIT: the problem is I dont like the sunburst with the white pickguard. If I get a sunburst then I'm gonna save up and get a tortise shell pickguard, black knobs, and covers. But The arctic white looks cool too.

I have a while to decide though.....
btw, I dug up some pix.

The thing that worries me about the white is that the body looks like a different color white than the pickguard in the pix. I havent seen one (new) in real life. I've seen reliced/beaten up ones on tv and such. But I like my guitars to look new, and stay that way.

The picture of the sunburst w/ shell pickguard is a s/s/s guitar but I'm getting the standard fat strat. Still its a basic idea.

Quote by livrockdie
Still, its a different color white.

Its not supposed to be plain white like the pickguard,to me that wouldnt look as good.I think Fender does have a "pure" white Strat but not for the MIM HSS.
actually i think the artic white is more white looking than that.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/66e593a0daa822db2949f2d571feccae.jpg

i mean i like the yellowed white, looks classic. but it's pretty much just a sort of white guitar.

ive got olympic white and sunburts strats.

i say get the color u like the best, not the options. because u dont want to cringe every time u see the guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have pictures of my arctic white MIM strat...

pink dollhouse in the backround, no extra charge!

I love my strat, I prefer the white color to the sunburst personally. Especially since the sunburst is 40 bucks more.
Last edited by Jimmy94 at Sep 22, 2006,
ya, but if I'm savin up 400 whats 10% more. I dont have that much money very often. I'd like to see some pix though.
I'm just trying to decide Jenny. I'm not entirely basing it on others opinions. I weeded it down to these two.

btw, that good riddence cover sounds beast!
Last edited by livrockdie at Sep 22, 2006,

i hear ya. it took me a month and a huge UG thread before i decided on my deluxe strat. i eventually swapped the guards and put the tortoise on the sunburst and mad ethe other white on white.
personally i love how the aged plastics look on it.

edit: and thanks for the review. this was is my only new strat pic, sorry for the clutter.
double edit: i love pink doll houses too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 22, 2006,
Thats quite a collection. You must be LLLOOOAAADDEEEDD (ya, thats right I used a Ron White line. Whatya gonna do about it? lol). The picture mucisians friend provides looks a little closer to the pickguard white. (http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/4/9/3/327493.jpg) I'd probibly age the pickguard if it stood out too much. Eventually I have to get to Guitar center and try a few out. If I got the arctic white it'd have a maple fret board. If I got sunburst, itd be a rosewood.
yeah, that's pretty close. and if u hate the guard just do a coffee dip or something.

that sort of stuff is easy and fun.

im not loaded, im just really good at breaking into houses.
watch out, id love to pick up a new artic strat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Ya, I've seen those pix before. Thanks anyway though.

Why are there two screws on one side of the humbucker?
Last edited by livrockdie at Sep 22, 2006,
Quote by astrochimp
Thats a horrible pic of the arctic white,see my sig for a better pic

hey wats your vox amp like? im thinking about getting the sam eone but 50 watts.
Quote by emberix
hey wats your vox amp like? im thinking about getting the sam eone but 50 watts.

I love it,lotsa different sounds which suits my style(blues/rock) and the 15W is perfect for my apartment.I think you will find alot of peope here reccomending the vox valvetronix amps,infact i think thats why i got mine besides actually trying it out.
I hate sunburst.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Woah woah woah... what fretboard are you getting? Rosewood or maple? That is a look factor.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I already said it but...

If I get arctic white a maple fretboard

and if I get sunburst a rosewood fretboard
i like sunburst AND white, but ur plans for the sunburst (tortoise shell pickguard, black knobs and covers) makes it look $HIT. I made a computer generated one the way you want it and i felt like throwing up. Actic white looks cool stock but also if u change the pickguard to black or tortoise shell. If you end up getting the sunburst, get a mint green pickguard and aged covers and knobs, INSTANT VINTAGE!
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by livrockdie
I already said it but...

If I get arctic white a maple fretboard

and if I get sunburst a rosewood fretboard

sorry, I missed that I would say white.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Here's my baby...

3 tone sunburst and maple ftw. Everything else looks boringish. I am fancying a chrome red and maple though...

Isent the MIM sunburst some crappy 2 tone, while the american is a sexy 3 tone?
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
Arctic white Strat. White Strats look great with both Rosewood and Maple fingerboards, where Sunburst only looks good with Rosewood in my opinion.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Well, the sunburst ones play better, but the white ones make you travel through time

Here's mine.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Here's mine.

Dude, you really rock
I'd get a Sunburst.
Quote by breadstick
i like sunburst AND white, but ur plans for the sunburst (tortoise shell pickguard, black knobs and covers) makes it look $HIT. I made a computer generated one the way you want it and i felt like throwing up. Actic white looks cool stock but also if u change the pickguard to black or tortoise shell. If you end up getting the sunburst, get a mint green pickguard and aged covers and knobs, INSTANT VINTAGE!

I have to agree. There's just something about that color sheme that just loks appropriate.

On the same note, for me personally, if it's arctic/vintage white then it's gotta have a maple fretboard. However, for 'burst, it's rosewood all the way.

If I get the sunburst it will be a rosewood finger board. (thats the 4th time I said that lol) and I will eventually change the pickguard to either black or shell. If I get the white I'll probibly leave the white or change the pickguard to black.
meh for me if its sunburst and a maple neck it has to have a white pickgaurd, if its rosewood its gotta be black or tortoise shell for a pickgaurd. white dont care really.
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
hey ino wat u could do you could by an arctic white strat and put a tobacco sunburst pickguard on it like on the squire picture on the 1st page
Last edited by striker327 at Sep 25, 2006,
Thats called a tortoise shell pickguard. If I buy the white, Its gonna be PURE white. Even a white strap. Speaking of which has anyone tried those Dimarzo (I think I spelled that wrong) straps that screw directly into the guitar? At this point I'm leaning towards white.