Page 2 of 24
I think I'll finally see this band - heard alot about them & like some of the tunes I've heard - we will be filming them very soon ought to be good methinks.
We are not worthy of Arsis.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by SGRocker0791
Awesome band and just to get this out of the way: Amon Amarth > all Melodic Death.

False False False False fucking FALSE!

Sorry Tony, but no way.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
They're good, but not the BEST.

/opinion.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Awesome f*cking band. A Celebration of Guilt = pwn... but if people here have said Kalmah > all melodeath... well, I'd have to give Kalmah a listen sometime.
Quote by SorrowIsMe
We are not worthy of Arsis.

Maybe YOU'RE not.

But yes, Arsis is definitly one of the greatest bands ever. -points to avatar-
I had a good 15 minute chat with the drummer last night (they played the day before, but stayed the next night of a fest to hang out) really cool dude and gave me a free shirt
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SGRocker0791
Awesome band and just to get this out of the way: Amon Amarth > all Melodic Death.

Seriously What the hell were you thinking????
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
^That's why he's banned.

Atleast I hope so.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by SGRocker0791

Almost right

AA, COB, ATG > all other Melodeath
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
^Even then, not a chance.

Dark Tranquillity? Arsis FFS! I could go on.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Mmmm. I think I may be playing The Face of My Innocence at a battle of the bands coming up. James Malone = amazing.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Because Arsis rules.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
I just started listening to Arsis and i think they kick ass! They definately dont get the attention that they deserve. Either way, I cant wait to see them at the Summer Slaughterfest with Necrophagist!
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by kirkisking
Extremely boring band.

you have to be joking right.. i mean can you back up why they are boring, cuz in my opinion they are the exact opposite of borring.
Quote by Sickwithline6
you have to be joking right.. i mean can you back up why they are boring, cuz in my opinion they are the exact opposite of borring.

Same here, I like them a lot, very fun to listen to. I get to see them today too.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by <><
Kalmah > all your melodeath.

they are an awesum band- but, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

back to the topic, Arsis kicks ass!
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
MADDENING DISTAINNNNN!!!!!

Should be interesting at summer slaughter.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
I can't really get into A Celebration of Guilt. A lot of the songs kinda sound the same to me.

However, Maddening Disdain and Worship Depraved are two absolutely amazing songs. And A Diamond For Disease is just brilliant.

Haven't heard United in Regret yet.
Good band, but my least favorite on Summer Slaughter. They were just the most boring band there. I haven't listened to them a WHOLE lot, so I wasnt too familiar with them. GREAT guitar work and good drumming, but overall they just didnt keep my attention as well as the other bands.
Wholly night, The face of my innocence, Lust Before the Conquest of the Maggots and 7 Whipsers fall silent are some of the best songs they made.
I came all over myself when I first heard A diamond Before Disease.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
I haven't listened to their new one yet. I absolutely loved A Celebration of Guilt. How is United in Regret in comparison (or compared to A Diamond for Disease).
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

^ i don't like United in Regret as much as i like A Cellebration of Guilt. Im not sure if they'll be playing in montreal this tuesday, i heard they've been having problems with their transportation.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by saxaxe
Good band, but my least favorite on Summer Slaughter. They were just the most boring band there. I haven't listened to them a WHOLE lot, so I wasnt too familiar with them. GREAT guitar work and good drumming, but overall they just didnt keep my attention as well as the other bands.

Wow! Then they must have been off that night because when i saw them they literally put on the best show at the venue. The singer and bassist were going crazy and really interacting with the crowd throughout the enitire set (which wasn't that long unfortunately). I was right in front and we were screaming the lyrics at each other. Dont get me wrong, all the bands were good but i say that they put on the best performance IMO.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by zwart_gitaar
Wholly night, The face of my innocence, Lust Before the Conquest of the Maggots and 7 Whipsers fall silent are some of the best songs they made.
I came all over myself when I first heard A diamond Before Disease.

its A Diamond FOR Disease, as in trading a diamond for a disease..."RAwrrr lets make a deal...a diamond for disease!" lol just messin

just picked up united in regret...while it pales in comparison to Celebration of guilt its a decent album and now i have all the arsis albums WHOOPIE!
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
^ya, im not too big on United in Regret, COG was much better

glad you have to discography now
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
Yes, I liked COG better.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

THe riffs aren't as good i find and the production/guitar tone seems to have gotten worse.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
They're pretty damn good, where is this top list?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
James Malone is a great musician. I love how Arsis splits the right and left speakers and will sometimes have two different rhythms going at the same time. They add some great octave chords also. They're very talented but I'm not a big fan of their new vocalist.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
Celebration of Guilt is their best album, then it's A Diamond For Disease. Both some of the best Melodic Death Metal albums I've heard. United in Regret was such a huge letdown, it was just more technical just for the sake of being more technical. They stopped focusing on all the melodic elements on United in Regret. I probably won't check out their new album when it comes out.
Quote by Jerkoffkid
They add some great octave chords also. They're very talented but I'm not a big fan of their new vocalist.

Huh? James Malone is their vocalist, always has been.