Page 4 of 24
The drummer has a very different style than Mike, and I don't think I like it as much. But overall, the song is pretty good, and now I need to hear the whole album.
They should seriously make a tab book. No one would be able to play it, but I'd buy it anyway.
I can play Dust and Guilt and Maddening Disdain!

I can play about 5-6 riffs from A Diamond For Disease, but I can never find a FULL tab.
There are only two guitarists to ever play on par with James Malone in terms of creativity and technicality.

They are both no longer playing.

Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P, my beloved) & Jason Becker
Quote by jerm__
^the new song is pretty good, the tone could use a bit more beef/gain though.

Agreed. Sick riffing though.
I don't like the drumming on the new track that much, but a solid song overall.
Musically, the new song is great, but the production fails. The guitars should not sound that thin for this kind of music.
The new song: The production is very different, not so sure how I feel about it yet. Darren is awesome on the kit, as usual. The vocals kick ass as always. Im gonna have to listen to this a few more times to get a feel for it.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

leaked today, getting it now.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
A Diamond For Disease is a ****ing masterpiece!!! I've been meaning to say that somewhere for the past few months.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
so far its pretty good, i've listened to almost 4 full songs. Sightless Wisdom has some really sweet parts in it.
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
Goddamnit.................not a leak!

I'm waiting to buy it. Glad you like it Jerm....that's promising.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Goddamnit.................not a leak!

I'm waiting to buy it. Glad you like it Jerm....that's promising.

Ya much better than UIR, however the guitar tone is pretty thin. Still kickass though.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
I'm on my second playthrough. I definitely like the album, I'm not sure where to place it in regards to the other releases.
^same here.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Downloading now..

EDIT: Im liking it. Alot more technical than previous work
Last edited by punk_metal at Mar 19, 2008,
I'm not sure what to think of WatN. Darren's drumming annoys me in parts where he is almost showing off. I think I need to listen some more though, because not a lot sticks out the first listen.
I am in love with Arsis currently, I've been playing The Face of My Innocence on the guitar for the past week straight, it's quite fun to play.

I also found out today that they're coming to my local venue next month with Shadows Fall, who I don't like at all, but I'm thinking about going anyway just to see Arsis. I saw them in February opening for Exodus and they were great. I was really impressed by their drummer.
I haven't heard anything from the album yet, but I need to know:

Is it more melodeath or tech death?
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Just got it. Listening to it as I write this. Pretty damn good and consistent with their previous work.
I'm a stupid jackass.
Quote by burrit0
New album is definately better than UIR, but not near as good as ACOG.

Agreed 100%
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Reject_666_6
I haven't heard anything from the album yet, but I need to know:

Is it more melodeath or tech death?

It's more technical than melo, but it's still melo.
Well, the one thing I'll give this album is that it's consistant with their work. So any fan of Arsis will definitely love it, and it's a great album in its own right. As where it stands next to their other albums I can't really say yet. Nowhere near ACOG, but around the same level as UIR, which is also a great album. So yea, it's typical Arsis, nothing new except a more heavy emphasis on the technical side of things and less on the melodic side of things. A good, solid album.
Arsis kick some ass! I went and seen em live with Enslaved and The Faceless. Great show!
R.I.P. Dimebag!

BuildTheMusic - Join Up! Acquire The Knowledge.
^sweet, i saw the same show, probably not the same night though.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
New albums ****ing prime!

I got kicked out of an Arsis and Enslaved show for not being 18 =[. They told me to wait while they called the police and when the guy turned his back we booked it. lol
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
The new album is SO muck better than United in Regret. It's almost on par with A Celebration of Guilt and it's the most technical metal album I've ever heard.
its jesusing amazing.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie