Page 5 of 24
Alright so after listening to CoG again, i have to say, its their best album by far

Anyone know what amps Malone used on CoG and how he got that tone?
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Dust_and_Guilt
The new album is SO muck better than United in Regret. It's almost on par with A Celebration of Guilt and it's the most technical metal album I've ever heard.

Agreed except for the technicality issue. The riffing is sick but not as technical as a few other bands.
I realized, they're aren't as many pinch harmonics as they did on CoG.
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
CoG blows the new album right the hell out of the water.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

TK do you always have to point out the obvious? lol

And I'm really glad everyone likes the album. I'm looking forward to it.
New album is pretty amazing. I'd say I like it just as much as I like CoG.
^Word. I am pretty addicted to this new album, so Ill be buying it for sure.

The solo in Failing Winds of Hopeless Greed is superb.
Album's getting pretty high grades from you guys. That's a good sign.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I wouldn't know,

but I'm just hoping Jerm, Dust and Guilt, and the others are right. My hopes are high.
Has James been in any other bands before? He's too good for this to be his first amazing band.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I'm not sure......I should research it. He's gotta be really devoted, cause Damn he's tied for my favorite guitarist.
Quote by Reject_666_6
Has James been in any other bands before? He's too good for this to be his first amazing band.

I don't think he has. I remember him saying he wrote a lot of the music or lyrics (don't remember which) when he was a teenager, so I think Arsis formed after he got out of high school probably.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
I wouldn't know,

but I'm just hoping Jerm, Dust and Guilt, and the others are right. My hopes are high.

Your going to like it man, if you like the stuff on their myspace, you'll like it.

The only bad part of the album is the guitar tone being a little thin and not enough gain.

The album i think is a little more technical than CoG and they don't use pinch harmonics anymore like they used to.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
^ya same here, they were sweet, but at times too predictable.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
hahah^ i love that too "Sensations carve me and my ways.....force feed me blind on empty... DAYS!!!!!!!"
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
The palm mutes on high strings make it sound really cool.

Man James must practice tapping a lot, cause some of those runs he does look pretty hard.
^ya, like on Face of My Innocence, the intro riff. Its pretty sweet to see them pull it off live:p They're bassist also puts on a really nice show, and their drummer too of course.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Mhm.........there's a video on youtube that shows the tapping part of A Diamond for Disease (although crappy sound quality). Yeah, Face of My Innocence too, and he probably includes it in some of his solos.
the new album is the best thing i've heard in a while. awesome guitar, drums, songs everything.
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
I decided to listen to UiR and it really isn't that bad...I'm enjoying it. I really ****ing wish I could play Lust Before the Maggots Conquest....it's so godly/amazing.
Listening to "We are the Nightmare" now (I didn't know it wasn't out yet when I downloaded it. =/), and I'm loving it. Definitely a top notch album.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Damn..........I wonder when he started playing guitar?

He never started. He just does!
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Nah man I love the title track from UIR. Only cause the breakdown hits me so hard every single time. And I'm usually not a fan of breakdowns but this ones easily my favorite. It just sounds so haunting.
Yeah, there are a few awesome breakdowns on UiR, one of them being the title track.

The solos on Oh, The Humanity are pretty sweet.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
lol......anyone else love Lust Before the Maggots Conquest? Easily the best song on UiR.

Of course.
Yea...I consider myself a pretty decent guitar player, if not above average. I can play anything I listen to. But then when it comes to Arsis...its like...****. I'm convinced that only James can play it because he is a god amongst men. I mean the riffs are 90% tapped for fvcks sake.