When i put the pickup selector in the middle(Lp pickup selector LP pickup setup) only the neck pickup is on so when it's on the rythm selector it sounds the same. What could be the problem? I took a look at it and it looks fine. thanks
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus Gold top
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
epi switches fail all the time.

if ur certain that it.s not working, (the volume is up) then get a new switch for about $12.

you can also take the switch cover off the back make sure the wires are connected.
or u could blow compressed air into the switch to try to clear some dirt.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
this guitar is my favorite but it's had so many problem since i got it.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
well, ive personally changed about three epi switches so far and get an epi switch prob thread about once a month.
it's really not a huge problem, considering the price of the guitar, but they really should upgrade their switches
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

well I don't even know how much my model cost. I got it for about three hundred. From Ebay. I don't know much about it.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
ok well either way, the guy who had it might have played with the guts a little.
or maybe a wire fell off or the switch isnt making contact. but if u flick up and flick down and somethings not working, then ull have th either open it, or send it out for repair.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

getting the new selector might be a good idea i can mess with it tonight i guess. It's jsut annoying the have it like that
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
stewmac.com sells them, the only problem is that shipping almost costs as much as the switch itself.

if u can find one in a guitar store ur set. (3-way switch)

and then u desolder, taking note where the wires were, resolder the new switch on.
switches and input jacks are the easiest parts to fix, imo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i know how to do it. My music shop has them. I'm just sick of havign to buy non-stock items for this thing
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
i know what u mean.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I love this guitar to death and i have to keep paying for it and ****. I mean I have a tele that took an entire year to haev a problem and that was my fault. I have some guitars that have never had problem through nine years and then this isn't that old. It's an old model but i was never played. Still in original wrapping.
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
i guess its possible u got a lemon there
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

huh?
Gear:
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
hmm i just meant, too bad u have to keep fixing it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62