bsoates
3,520 IQ
What do you think of Matt and Corey? Which one do you think is the better soloist and lead player?
usuckhugeonez
UG Fanatic
686 IQ
i like Matt better.
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
korn-nut
(not a fan of korn)
131 IQ
ooohhh damn... can't say. i really think its a combination of both unique players. but i belive matt and bassist paulo or whoever write all the songs, so matt probably wins in creativeness and you definatley have to give him credit for singing and playing so well, but then your question was as a lead player so yeah... my head hurts.
Metal_Rich
1,103 IQ
They're both awesome, I like Matt more, his solos really do kick ass, but it might just be my preference for the rhythm player being one my self.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
nehpets5555
cant spel crap witout rap
340 IQ
Quote by korn-nut
ooohhh damn... can't say. i really think its a combination of both unique players. but i belive matt and bassist paulo or whoever write all the songs, so matt probably wins in creativeness and you definatley have to give him credit for singing and playing so well, but then your question was as a lead player so yeah... my head hurts.

actually on the new album corey , matt and paolo have written some songs each
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
Last_Serenade
UG Senior Member
285 IQ
From the old stuff, i liked them both equally; their playing complimented each other perfectly.

but now however...

corey tries to retain the musicality his solos had, wheras matt just got petatonic crazy and sweeps slowly and sloppy, trying to hard to immitate styles from metallica and megadeth i think.
6stringslasher
Merry Christmas
149 IQ
I think Matts better at creativity but Corey is the **** too.

Member #32 of Dunlop Pick Fan club PM gtrfrk123 to join

1st member of DR Strings are the best strings PERIOD! club PM CodySG to join

Member Of The Jackson/Charvel Owners Club
PM Tarzan_Man To Join
=ToM=
243 IQ
i prefered the solos on Ascendancy to The Crusade (the alum's already on uTorrent, and it's really good, sounds like master of puppets), as they had a more 'soulful' feeling, the ones on the new album are just really fast, like they're tryin to prove that they are mega fast, but the solos have lost their feel.

so matt's my favorite lead player, coz he wrote the better solos
Patriarch of Zeppelinism - PM TheHeartbreaker to join
pasturofmuppets
Banned
10 IQ
cory is more phsically talented but matt has more melodic stuff...but corey can write really goos solos(requeim)..and cory can do that cool micheal angelo thing
nehpets5555
cant spel crap witout rap
340 IQ
mm. their both evenly good overall..but corey wins cause of his circle headbangin...
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
There's a Trivium Only Thread for a reason.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)