Hey all, looking for advice regarding pickups.
I really like my amp, ive played many a guitar through it and it gets great tones, but with my Ibanez SZ the tone the is just, well, too harsh on the bridge, and a bit muddy on the neck pickup, it sounds alright, but not 'great'. So im thinking, it might just be time to invest in some neeew pickups!

So, i play quite a veriety of stuff, from the odd bit of blues to classic metal (ala metallica, MoP era and some Ozzy etc). I mostly play general rock, alotta GNR and stuff too, so id like a fairly high output bridge pickup, one that can cope with metal, but do other styles well too.
For the neck id like a pickup that has a sweet clean tone but doesnt get too muddy with some light overdrive, a nice woman tone.

Ive looked into several brands, SD, Dimarzio, EMG, Swineshead. Im looking to spend up to about £100GBP on em. Oh and the guitar is mahogany throughout.

Any advice greatly appreciated
[Ibanez SZ320MH
BOSS SD-1, BOSS CE-5, BOSS CS-3, Crybaby Wah
Laney LC30

Quote by WantToLearn
i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water
£100 all together or £100 Each?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Well £100 alltogether would be ideal , but i guess i could stretch to £150 ish.
[Ibanez SZ320MH
Laney LC30

Quote by WantToLearn
i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water
£173.95 Could get you a calibrated set of Bareknuckles!

Maybe look at something like a Ducan Distortion in the bridge and '59 in the neck if you go with Seymour Duncan or maybe a Swineshead Warthog in the bridge and Runaway in the neck? I don't know alot about Dimarzios and EMG's don't sound like they'd really suit you. Maybe check out some other lesser known companies (Dave_Mc and some of the other regulars know a few, I can never remember any )
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Ok mate im looking into those now, thanks for the reccomendations. Any more welcome btw !
[Ibanez SZ320MH
Laney LC30

Quote by WantToLearn
the emg-81 has very nice cleans and overdrive. the 85 is a bit muddy with light distortion, so the 65 maybe?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008