If you can do "Maxwell Murder" by Rancid, then you are a truly blessed musician and will have every ounce of my awe.

I don't know of any other bass solos though =P..sorry.
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
Quote by Piltdown
If you can do "Maxwell Murder" by Rancid, then you are a truly blessed musician and will have every ounce of my awe.

that and Axiom by Rancid....the solo isnt as crazy as Maxwell Murder, but still ****ing amazing
Quote by Piltdown

?

I could play that at a year in with fingers, it just takes a ****load of practice is all.

Oh, and as far as solos go...

Fish on - Primus

Thats a good solo to start with.
dude, listen to the violent femmes. alot of their songs have bass solos. they arent that challenging but they sound good.
Yeah, deffinitly Maxwell Murders, when it comes to that part, I just improv, though (like he does in the live concerts I've seen of that song.)
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
if you can find a tab ......*eyes dart back and forth*- Birds of prey (billy's boogie) by billy sheehan and tony mcalpine
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
You could always take songs with simple guitar solos in them, and transpose them to play on bass. I play a lot of Iron Maiden melody and harmonizing lead riffs on bass when I'm jamming at home.
Try out the solo in My Generation by The Who. I could tab out the live version for you (Isle of Wight 1970) if you want.
Quote by thealmightyRIS
You could always take songs with simple guitar solos in them, and transpose them to play on bass. I play a lot of Iron Maiden melody and harmonizing lead riffs on bass when I'm jamming at home.

I second that... I've rewritten the guitar solo intro for Welcome Home (Sanitarium) using pinch harmonics and stuff.
school days- stanley clarke
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.