http://www.rondomusic.net/al2000white.html

Looks good, i wanna know what you guys think of it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
it looks good, but it's just a les paul ripoff, it probably sounds like **** though for $200
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
dude Agile kicks ass. i have a ps900 and it freakin rocks. and theyre insanely cheap
I have only heard good things about them. But i dont think much of anyone has actually even seen one in person. You really have one? How is it compared to epiphone?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
He's a Luthier I think, I'm guessing that's one of the reasons. But I have an Agile, and personally, I love it, the quality is amazing.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Last edited by AlGeeEater at Sep 22, 2006,
I own one (AL-2000), and am pretty happy with it. If you want something decent you might want to go for an AL-3000, as mine was more of a starter guitar.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Quote by cerveza
it looks good, but it's just a les paul ripoff, it probably sounds like **** though for $200

I can guarantee it'll sound better at $200 than a lot of $500 guitars out there.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
does anyone have any sound clips or anything of an Agile LP??? I really wanna know what they sound like cuz i need a good rythmn guitar with nice sustain

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
oh yea, and if Agile wont work, what will????????!?!?!?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Stick with an epiphone les paul standard if you dont want to worry about it being worth it or not. If you want black, its only 380, but 500 for every other color.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
the difference between the 2000 and 3000 is the 2 is 2 piece, the 3 is solid mahogany, so I'd say it doesn't hurt to just save up an extra $100.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Sep 23, 2006,
How in the world can a guitar be 5 pieces?!?!?!?!?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
The AL-2000 is a 3 piece (i'm sure it's more like 3-5 piece body) body, the AL-3000 is a two piece body.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Yea thanks i think i might go with this LP-2500, looks like a winner to me(Grover tuners definate +). If i dont like the sound, i can switch em for Gibson burstbuckers

Here it is, http://www.rondomusic.net/al25003hb.html , it says it's 2pc too, but i think anything would be better than the B.C. Rich bronze warlock im using now.......im not even selling it, im gunna take it out back and shoot it then burn it. seriously.....

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Last edited by dudetheman at Sep 23, 2006,
You're setting yourself up for a fall, the B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock & the AL-2000 are pretty much the same thing, quality, materials & price. The only reason the 2000 costs more than the Warlock I suspect is because of the tuners & the extra pickup.

I'd highly advise you to atleast save up for something worthwhile. Maybe a new amp before a new guitar.

Chris
maybe its just me, but most every Agile lp I've seen has just looked ... off, sort of misshapen and even crooked sometimes
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Well, im gonna go for it. If it sucks, ill tell u guys and u can say "i told ya so" and ill send it back. But, if it rocks ill keep it. I really need a new guitar because we're playin at the curch and i cant take my warlock in a church and not feel like an asshole. thanks for the advice!

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
well i hope it works out for you, but personally id trust Chris on this
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
personally I wouldnt cause that guy will only say something nice about a guitar if its a $4,000 PRS
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by giorgio1210
personally I wouldnt cause that guy will only say something nice about a guitar if its a $4,000 PRS

Actually, your ignorant opinion cannot be farther from the truth, but i'll let you think whatever you want.

Chris
ok so what guitar in that price range do you think is better, and BTW I just got my hands on a used clapton sig from fender
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top. Although not in the $200 price range, it's not a beginners guitar like most $200 guitars. Honestly though, if you're serious about your music, then why not invest money into it? Why cheap out and get something that's still at the beginner stage? That's how I see it anyways.

Chris
well I dont know, he might just drop guitar in 2 months so like with the agile, he gets a great begginer guitar for a price that it doesnt matter that much if he stops playing
Quote by King ofKumbucha
He's already got a beginner guitar, if he's not serious about his music then there's no reason to get another guitar. He can just drop it now and save the $200. If he's serious about it though, he should drop more on a guitar he can get something out of.

Chris
thats true, which is why he should get an agile 3000, but really, I know you live like across the street from the place, why do you hate them so much, i've seen the finishes theyre awesome, do they play like crap, bad necks, dull tone? what is it that in your eyes makes them so bad?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
ehhh... I am sorry to interupt this little convo. I had three trips to Rondo's. Each time of which my cousin left with a guitar for himself. So I just want to drop in my two cents.

First I would like to say. Chris man you know I got nothing but love for you and your work and as soon as I get my money together I am coming to you for my custom. Everyone is intitled to their own opinion. You obviously know alot more then some people when it comes to a guitars workmanship and setup because of your line of work. But Agiles aren't as bad as you make them out to be. Granted they aren't the greatest guitars but they don't suck balls or either. The 2000's are definately beginner guitars with crappy pups but they are decent project guitars at the very least. The 2500 and 2800 are ok. They feel more solid to me. The 2500 pups are just as bad as the 2000 but with the slight body upgrade to 2 pieces the guitar is more likely to last and stronger built. Its just another project guitar. The 2800 series I hate but that is because I like thicker necks as you know but besides that they are really good. Definately a good bang for buck with those. The 3000 which I plan on getting for the time being until I have money for my custom is a very good deal. Best built one I have had my hands on. Very solid guitar when it comes to weight and build. There will always be imperfections here and there but alll that is just being picky as I am very picky but I can get over some gripes. I personally wouldn't buy any model under the 2800 at the very least. Anything under it is strictly for beginners or as a beater. With the price of all the Al models they could be beaters but you just pick what you could afford and what you want to suit you.

To the thread starter go for it. I mean the most you would be out is the shipping and that isn't to major. If you could possibly go for a higher end model but if not do what you have to do.

Edit: I am still trying to ge the measurements for the neck so I will get back to you on that Chris.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Sep 23, 2006,
To each their own man.

Although, i've been saying most of the stuff you said. I never recommend an Agile below 3000, and even for the money I feel you can get a much better guitar for the money. Granted the 3500 has pretty good specs, maple top, 'mahogany' back, but there is always something more to it. Whenever I play an Agile, I think to myself, this guitar isn't living up to the specs. They just don't sound right to me.

Measurements are good! Let me know when you've got them.

Chris
well I dont think any one expects a PRS when they buy an agile, but if I was to buy one(which I am planning to,AL- 3100 MOP, sunburst) from what people here say I would expect like quality of like a $600-700 guitar which is good value for the price. What im saying is I think your exagerating a bit man
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Last edited by giorgio1210 at Sep 23, 2006,
No exaggerations here man, just my honest opinion. I have nothing against the company or anything, but they're really not all they're cracked up to be. There's something missing, I can't put my finger on it though. If I had the extra cash to spend, i'd buy the 3500 & the 2000 and perform some experiments on them.

Chris
lol ok, its just that so many people own em and say positive things about them, dont forget crunchmeister. I guess i'll just have to wait and find out though

EDIT: see algee, another happy customer, and how could you bad mouth that sexy beast , just look at it!
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Last edited by giorgio1210 at Sep 23, 2006,
I got my 3100 a couple days ago, and I love it to death, but I think I'm gonna have to change the pickups, probably with some Burstbuckers, because they squeal too much. Other than that, it's a great quality LP copy.
why does everyone ask about agile guitars every single day. they post a thread. are agile guitars good? why dont u go to the search box. type in agile guitars. and there you go. you people are waisting our time and thread space
Quote by dudetheman
http://www.rondomusic.net/al2000white.html

Looks good, i wanna know what you guys think of it.

You won't mistake it for a Gibson Les Paul because of the feel, finish, PUs, or even looks ... such as the shorter lower horn/cutaway and kinda goofy headstock. I have the AL 3000M and it's mainly used for school, instead of the Gibson LP, so I won't go on a rampage if I lost it or someone dented it, because they're so cheap.

A decent tube amp would make some cheap guitars sound almost acceptable. If you already have a Fender Strat as a main guitar and you just want a humbucker to play around with, you can do better with a higher-end Epi, or even some Jacksons or Ibanez, all cheaper than a Gibson.

Good Luck.

Well, i think im gunna go for it, and if i dont like the tone or anything, i can replace the factory pickups with some gibson burstbuckers. Thanks for your opinions and sorry to that one guy for "wasting your thread space". Just kiddin im not apologizing, i dont give a rats ass if u like this thread or not. anywayz, thanks!

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
I live about 15, 20 minutes from Rondo Music and have played tons of nice guitars, work at a music shop etc.

Agile's are good guitars for the money, the 2000 are a great deal at 200 bucks, maybe a minor set up is in order and a pickup change to your preference but for the money they're a great deal.
I play my 2500 that I got a couple years ago alongside my best guitars.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit