right, my 'strat' copy has locking tuners (chap ones, but locking none the less), the work great, my guitar has the standard strat style trem, but the problem is its not level with the body, fair enough, i tune it to where it stops after i use the bar before i haul up on it, and when i pul up, like, far enough...trying to make it level, i hear some cracking noises, not like wood splitting, and not like something breaking, it just pops whenever i pull up to make it level, then i leave it like that, ben, do whatever, it stays in tune for the most part, then i just tap the bar lightly lightly lightly, and it pops and cracks...it snothing bi, ut what could it be?

ive added an extra spring (total of 4 now) to try and make it level, and i have tightened the screws in the back, it doesnt seem to want to become level?

should i bring it to a pro?

EDIT: i forgot, whenever i use the bar and just let it come up by itself, rather than trying to make it level and hearing those noises, it works great, i can use it, no unwanted noises, thing is...it goes out of tune way faster , so i think i shouldnt use the trem at all anymore.

what doest UG'eth propose?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Hmm, do you have the old vintage style trem, or the new ones. The old ones uses 6 screws that are screwed to the body and try to loosen those 6 screw only by few cents. If it has only 2 screws which are similar to a floating bridge style, then you'd probably need to lube it using lipbalm/chapstick.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
nope, its got the 6 screws, so i just loosen each one up an equal amount?...a little bit?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Yes, only by little and see if that makes any changes. Coz if those screws are too tightened, then if you dive, your bridge may eat up the bare wood.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
ya follow what madpickin03 said if its driving u insane...but honestly i wouldnt worry about it, mine does it to...actualy i think its just the springs creaking oddly cuz i just checked it out, so...GET USED TO IT lol ya its nothing bro dont sweat it
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
SWEET!...thanks guys i appreciate it, i probably just saved myself like 30 bucks. The problem was the screws...i loosened them up, and right away the trem was sooo much easier and smoother to use and it is level with the body, i took out the extra spring i bought, but decided i should leave the 4 in there for extra stability...so i put it back in, it works like a dream now, and holds tune pretty well compared to before

Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn