hi. i want to take out the invader pickup on my tom delonge fender strat. everyone reccomends for me to put a JB humbucker from seymour duncan. what kind of sound will i get? im running the strat through a dual recto and an orange 4x12 cab (celestion vintage 30s)
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Well, the JB is a jazz/blues fusion pickup, designed by Duncan for Jeff Beck. If you put it in a strat, which Beck often uses, your guitar will sound like his, probably in his Blow by Blow and Wired phase. Of course, he does weird things with his thumb that alters his tone a lot.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Well, the JB is a jazz/blues fusion pickup, designed by Duncan for Jeff Beck. If you put it in a strat, which Beck often uses, your guitar will sound like his, probably in his Blow by Blow and Wired phase. Of course, he does weird things with his thumb that alters his tone a lot.

randy Rhoads of Ozzy Ozbourne the orifinal guitar player used Jb and jazz pickups
They are perfect for metal
Quote by Guitargod12345
randy Rhoads of Ozzy Ozbourne the orifinal guitar player used Jb and jazz pickups
They are perfect for metal

Yeah, I believe thats the setup Mustaine's signature guitar has
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
zacky vengance from avenged sevenfold uses jbs, (synyster uses the invaders) again, jbs are good for metal. what type of music do u plan on playing?
indie/poprock
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
For indie/pop stuff the JB is a good choice but you might wanna turn down the gain on your amp b/c they can get a little ruff with high gain.

anothet good pickups for that type stuff is the Dimarzio Tone Zone. it has great bass, trebble, mids and good harmonics. the output isn't really high per-se but it is kinda like a PAF Pro on steroids.

or a sreamin' deamon.

maybe even a PAF might be good too.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I'm installing a Jazz and JB set in my PRS SE sometime in the next couple of days, so I'll put some clips up if you want, they've got four conductors too, so I'll splitting the coils.
Hey, are PRS SEs better than a Epi Les Paul ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
This may seem blunt, but why the hell have you a Dual for playing poprock!?

Its this whole Ashlee Simpson / McFly syndrome, damn cheaper prices in the US.

Phew, i need to calm down, now wheres my Maiden cd?
EVERYONE uses Duncan JB's. From Iron Maiden to Greenday and back. They're the highest selling replacement pickup in teh world.

If you see a stock guitar which has seymour duncan pickups, there's a 98.45% chance that the bridge pickup is a JB.
Quote by davedoom
This may seem blunt, but why the hell have you a Dual for playing poprock!?

Its this whole Ashlee Simpson / McFly syndrome, damn cheaper prices in the US.

Phew, i need to calm down, now wheres my Maiden cd?

well, i like to consider my bands music poprock, not pop-punk (which we are, haha) and to tell you the truth, i love the recto sound. i want tons of gain and low end on my guitar. so, isnt that what the recto is for? besides, the recto can be for any kind of rock maybe even music.
Quote by NeverMeant
You will get the sound of guitar strings going through a amp.
Quote by Varkunus
well i got an MG
Quote by sloppyjoe109
well, i like to consider my bands music poprock, not pop-punk (which we are, haha) and to tell you the truth, i love the recto sound. i want tons of gain and low end on my guitar. so, isnt that what the recto is for? besides, the recto can be for any kind of rock maybe even music.

Some people dislike them with a passion though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Hey, are PRS SEs better than a Epi Les Paul ??

The PRS SE's pickups are reasonably OK, nothing special, that's why I'm replacing them, then again neither are the Epi LP's, they've both got set necks, but I personally prefer the feel and shape of the neck on my SE, one area where the Epi probably beats the SE is the bridge, with the SE's you have a choice between a cheap looking trem and one of those non-adjustable wraparound bridges which could give you intonation problems if you were to change the string guage from the stock 10's, in spite of that, I still prefer the playability and general feel of the SE's.
I wanted to do the same thing except on my tele esquier gt(same setup as td strat... invander and everything) i got he guitar for playing blink 182 stuff but now i wanted a different sound then the invader. I was lookin at the jb as well. good idea?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Some people dislike them with a passion though.

everyones got a different opinion about everything.
Quote by NeverMeant