http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=TSL60

How is that amp?...i know NOTHING about amps, but it seemed nice?..would it be expensive as ****? I play mainly metal and blues, classic rock too i guess, but i need a good high gain distortion or overdrive, but needs o be able to handle just a little overdrive for blues and stuff, how is that amp for what i need?

I have a budget of, oh say 1000-1500 CAD...but i can stretch that if i HAVE to

reccomend something else if you like?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Do you want the half stack or combo? Because if you want the stack you're not going to find one in your price range, probably not even used. That amp would probably cover those styles ok with a tubescreamer or something.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Shecter Gryphon w/ Emg 85/81
Ibanez AEF37
EHX small clone/ holy grail
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
I dont even know the difference between a halfstack and a combo...well...i think i might..

can you recommend something else thats in my pricerange?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

The TSLs are known for overheating and breaking. The DSLs are much more reliable (since 2003, when the rectifier was changed). I'd get a DSL401 combo, should be right in your price range new, less used. You probably won't need a pedal to get the sounds you want.
Try out an ENGL if you ever have the opportunity, beats all Marshalls... Sparkling cleans and from a subtle to high-gain overdrive..
Quote by Aetius
Try out an ENGL if you ever have the opportunity, beats all Marshalls... Sparkling cleans and from a subtle to high-gain overdrive..

Only the DSL and TSL's

Not 800's and 900's, if you have ever heard them. True Marshalls, ENGL are way too modern voiced.
Totally different amps
I've heard an 800 and 900 and I prefer an ENGL. And the threadstarter wants a versatile amp suited for metal, rock and blues and some classic rock. Any ENGL will do that... And don't tell me an ENGL is too modern because I can get nearly 100% mark Knopfler tone with my clean channel. The overdrive is modern voiced but when you tweak the amp's well enough you can get a very subtle overdrive and get a classic rock sound. The only BUT in this story is that this at least applies to the ENGL Screamer and Thunder (which are the only ones I have fiddled around enough with, the Powerball and Sovereign are awesome amps as well but I haven't played them long enough to know what sounds you can get out of them)

And yes they are totally different amps, but the fact is that ENGL is of a higher class and build quality than most marshalls (unless you get some custom marshall).
Ah, at least you have an ENGL, most people just say "get an engl, theyre well good yeah"
What model do you have?
Well I'm not rich so I got the Thunder. I had to choose between Screamer and Thunder and well I chose the Thunder because I liked it a little more. The Screamer and Thunder are both very different from the rest of the ENGL family and I think the Thunder did it for me because of it's simplicity. Just a normal Clean channel and a Crunch channel which has a boost to get a highgain tone.

I could have got a TSL, DSL, Vox AC-30, Fender Deville or Mesa for the same price but my ENGL Thunder just had what I had been searching for; The PERFECT clean tone I was looking for. As soon as I played the old classic; "Sultans of Swing" I realised how nice this amp truly is. I have a JS guitar and to get close to knopfler's sound I used the neck humbucker with coiltap (to get a strat kind of sound) and combined with the clean channel with the gain set to 2/3 I got like 99% of knopfler's tone. The overdrive channel blew me away as well, I just prefered it over the Marshall overdrive which is nice when you use the famous marshall crunch but otherwise...

I'm just damn happy with it :P
I was also looking into getting the Roaldn Cube 30...or Vox AD50VT

what about the Fender "metalhead" series...expensive as ****?...worth it?...i dont need somethign THAT big seeing as how im just playing in my room, but at some point im hoping to be playing gigs...so i need something that can be loud, but still sound good...what other fender models would be good?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

the fender MH series is pretty crap, which is weird because they made some damn good solid state amps in the late 80s-early 90s.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
alright, so ill stay away from that series...what about other fender amps...maybe Laney?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn