ok i am looking to get a custom guitar made for me to my exact specifications and what not, with quality wood, and caring and good craftsmenship. i am looking around for companys and i really havent been able to find any other than shamray. i dont mean companys like ibanez, ESP, jackson, gibson, ect... im not going to pay $5000-7000 for a half-assed custom.
You're going to laugh, but First Act has an amazing custom shop.

GW reviewed them. He made a guitar from their base model to his EXACT specifications, and you pay for what you get. Only downer is you have to pay for thier shapes, no custom shape, but otherwise, they're great.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
PRS is great as well, you're just going to pay a lot more. More quality = more cash.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
A custom ESP will probably cost you around or below 4k and will be pretty damn high quality.
haha
haha ESP guitar wont build you a guitar unless its off one of their shapes trust me unless you are some real high prized artist good luck. just wise words mate and imo its better to go to a local luthier your gonna have way better luck and also the price could be cheaper than going to a guitar company but the wait is longer as well i presume
Quote by Holy Katana
As far as I know, Anderson doesn't make customs. Or if they do, I can't find quotes anywhere.

Try giving them a call or just drop by in California, im sure they could arrange something with the right price of course.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Try giving them a call or just drop by in California, im sure they could arrange something with the right price of course.

Actually, I just found out that they had custom options lists. You have to download .pdf's of individual models, however.

I'm trying to get my parents to buy me one for my 16th birthday, which is like 7 months away.
ormsby guitars I have a custom gutiar coming in from him.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by Holy Katana
His stuff looks pretty sweet. How much was yours?
I have the polka dot flying v replica, and that came out to about $2000. I changed some parts to it though so that affected the price. I changed the tremelo system, fret wood, and a couple other things I can't remember. If I can i'll dig up the specs sheet he sent me and post it.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by azn_guitarist25
haha ESP guitar wont build you a guitar unless its off one of their shapes trust me unless you are some real high prized artist good luck. just wise words mate and imo its better to go to a local luthier your gonna have way better luck and also the price could be cheaper than going to a guitar company but the wait is longer as well i presume

To my knowledge, ESP WILL make custom shapes for you. That's why they have the "other option" on their online app. I'm personally looking forward to getting a Les Paul Double Cut copy made via ESP.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by Ambulance X
To my knowledge, ESP WILL make custom shapes for you. That's why they have the "other option" on their online app. I'm personally looking forward to getting a Les Paul Double Cut copy made via ESP.

Radically it'll costs you up to $3K
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Still less than "$5-7000 for a half-assed custom", whatever that means.

Oh, and I see you've joined us at the other place, Madpickin.
Quote by Danno13
Still less than "$5-7000 for a half-assed custom", whatever that means.

Oh, and I see you've joined us at the other place, Madpickin.

aye~

1st post, noobed...rofl
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Radically it'll costs you up to $3K

Exactly what do you mean?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
They'll charge about $3k to build a wierd-ass guitar body shape. Then they'll add cost for the pickups, neck, finish, etc, and it'll end up around $4500.
Quote by into the moat
ESP is very expensive. i got quoted 6500$

I've tried assembling a normal M series with nothing but black paints on 'em and it still runs about $3K. However it aint the real price, just an estimation, but still, custom shops from big guitar companies are expensive. Most ppl that uses them are either die hard fan or endorsed musicians trying to custom made their own gear.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
The price they give you is the RRP. Nobody EVER pays RRP. You end up paying about 75% of the number they give you, according to the ESP Custom Shop forum.
a little theard stealing here but how much does a guitar off Gibson custom shop actually cost? Just want approximately the price. Like $10 000 or $5000 or what?
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Kepulix
a little theard stealing here but how much does a guitar off Gibson custom shop actually cost? Just want approximately the price. Like $10 000 or $5000 or what?

Im not surprised if the charge you around 5K, its Gibson...
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Like, a real custom? Or just a guitar built by the Custom Shop?

Cuz, I'd imagine a full-custom would be at least $5000, but a regular LP Custom, built in the Custom Shop, is like $3600.
you know... like made for my specifications

and could Gibson ship it to Finland?
I'm just interrested, not gonna buy anything, don't have even nearly enough money
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Ambulance X

i believe the other is for other body shapes (read signature body shapes that arent available to you) not for your own body shape. so like the RS body shapes. and trust me i have seen a les paul double cut brought out from ESP and while the headstock is ugly its fully sexy if you need the name of the guitar just ask to make everything easier as a starting point.
Quote by frog_friend
I have the polka dot flying v replica, and that came out to about $2000. I changed some parts to it though so that affected the price. I changed the tremelo system, fret wood, and a couple other things I can't remember. If I can i'll dig up the specs sheet he sent me and post it.

Cool. I think if I get a custom, it'll be a Tom Anderson or a Suhr.
Quote by El Codyo
Suhr or Caparison for me, or Vigier.

omg have you seen the Maple Fretboard Caparison they are sexy also the owner is getting another one done for him i think its a Pirate themed Caparison.
I have yet to find a better guitar than an Alembic.
They'll custom make anything for you. It's a small
family shop with some of the best craftsman in the
business and thier electronics are amazing.

They are the only guitars I've found to be worth that
kind of money.

When they start building it, they'll create a web log of
your guitar as it goes through the build process.

You can find a bunch of them here:

http://alembic.com/club/messages/631/631.html?1159188323