I'm trying to switch from an Am barre chord to this:

-------7----------------------------------------------------------
-------9----------------------------------------------------------
-------9----------------------------------------------------------
-------6----------------------------------------------------------
-------7----------------------------------------------------------
-------0----------------------------------------------------------

Any helpful advice or comments on how to switch chords quickly and what would be the most efficient fingering?
just play an open E major chord, thats all that chord is, or play a regular E major Barre chord, thats what i would do, its easier and faster than trying to shape that chord, when all it is is a regular E chord
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
a sense of obligation."
Quote by pasturofmuppets
what a stupid chord

SUNYDKWYTA. (Shut Up Noob You Don't Know What You're Talking About. )

as hard as that chord is, it's actually a really cool chord.
thats the dumbest chord ive ever seen, instead of that play it like this
e
B
G
D 6
A 6
E 0

its the same notes (just play the top 3 strings) except a LOT easier to play
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
or do what dlboru2 said
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
i cant finger that chord at all

heres a good exercise, id rather tab it instead of explaining it,

G G C C
------1------1---------0------0----||
------0------0---------1------1----||
.-----0------0---------0------0---.||
.-----0------0---------2------2---.||
------2------2------3------3-------||
---3------3-------------------------||

play the root of a chord, then strum the rest (repeat 2-4 times) then play the root of another chord, then strum the rest and repeat that. You go from any chord to any chord (duh) and repeat however many times. this exersiced i was taugh helped me.
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
Quote by Misc Debris
Just play E major dude

Different chord voicings sound different. Maybe he doesn;t like the sound of an open E major chord.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Different chord voicings sound different. Maybe he doesn;t like the sound of an open E major chord.

I'm a girl, hence the username, and you're right, the chord I wanna play sounds NOTHING like E major.
Quote by rockergurl09
I'm a girl, hence the username, and you're right, the chord I wanna play sounds NOTHING like E major.

Women don't use the internet. Stop destroying my worldview.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by rockergurl09

well don't say it sounds nothing like E major because it is an E major. the only thing i can think of is perhaps when playing the Am, barre the fifth fret with your index and use the middle and ring fingers for the 7th frets on the A and D string, respectively. Then, when switching to the E, you can pivot around the middle finger which could stay in that position.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
You lot are stupid. She didnt ask for your suggestions on other chords, she wanted a god dam name for it.

So keep your opinions to yourself, especially you pinkfloyd73, patureofpuppets and jimmiew

and Archeo Avis, your a fucking dick.

Threadstarter:
Its an E Major chord. However, this chord uses the same notes on different strings to make it easier to play. It should sound exactly the same as yours, but easier to finger

e|------
B|--12--
G|--13--
D|--14--
A|--11--
E|--0---

its a very nice voicing.
Been away, am back
^ummm, i dont think you got it either...firstly, she did not ask for the name, and if she had then it was already answered. secondly, your chord has five notes and hers has six. theyre both E majors, and your voicing is closer to hers than the other ones mentioned, but still not the same. so the first part of your post is rather rude for somebody who didnt exactly perfectly answer her question either. calling people out for doing the same thing wrong that you did?

EDIT: i've noticed i'm disagreeing with you on two consecutive posts of mine. it's probably not wise to incur the wrath of a moderator, but i do feel you aren't being particularly nice in this situation.

try what i said with pivoting around the middle finger that stays on that fret, but if that doesnt work, then Logzs chord is closest to yours, so try it.

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Last edited by sirpsycho85 at Sep 23, 2006,
its a bit difficult, but doable...heres how i would play it (fingering):
e - 3
B - 4
G - 4
D - 1
A - 2
E - o
barring with the pinky is difficult, and getting it to bar only 2nd n 3rd strings adds on to the difficluty.so unless u have large hands (and, no offense, but most girls have smaller hands than guys) , id suggest u play logz' version of the chord
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will be at peace" -Hendrix
Why are you afraid? What can the world do to you? People can laugh at you, it will do them good-laughter is always a medicine, healthful.
yad need a fat pinky for that

edit: and it's probably made up, just moving notes up based on some trickle of theory and hoping it sounds nice but having no sence to wonder if its even pratical
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
Last edited by Shooshooky at Sep 23, 2006,
and Archeo Avis, your a ****ing dick.

....wha?
Quote by Logz
You lot are stupid. She didnt ask for your suggestions on other chords, she wanted a god dam name for it.

So keep your opinions to yourself, especially you pinkfloyd73, patureofpuppets and jimmiew

and Archeo Avis, your a fucking dick.

Threadstarter:
Its an E Major chord. However, this chord uses the same notes on different strings to make it easier to play. It should sound exactly the same as yours, but easier to finger

e|------
B|--12--
G|--13--
D|--14--
A|--11--
E|--0---

its a very nice voicing.

dang, are mods the only ones in this forum that can answer questions adequately?

thanks a ton, logz!
Quote by Archeo Avis
Women don't use the internet. Stop destroying my worldview.

it's an E major without the fifth.

try playing:

E x
B 9
G 9
D x
A 7
E x
YEAH I'M STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, FOO!
Quote by rockergurl09

Quote by rockergurl09

haha,

You>Him

Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by sirpsycho85
^ummm, i dont think you got it either...firstly, she did not ask for the name, and if she had then it was already answered. secondly, your chord has five notes and hers has six. theyre both E majors, and your voicing is closer to hers than the other ones mentioned, but still not the same. so the first part of your post is rather rude for somebody who didnt exactly perfectly answer her question either. calling people out for doing the same thing wrong that you did?

The reason my chord has 5 notes and hers has 6 is because on the 6th and 5th string, she is playing 2 E notes an octave apart, which doesnt really function much in this chord.

If you look at the rest of the chord, you'll notice, im playing the exact same notes as the original chord, but on different strings to make it easier to fret.

e|---7----- This note is the same as 12th fret B string -------|
B|---9----- This note is the same as 13th fret G string --12---|
G|---9----- This note is the same as 14th fret D string --13---|
D|---6----- This note is the same as 11th fret A string --14---|
A|---7----- This note is not needed ----------------------11---|
E|---0----- This string stays open -----------------------0----|

If she really wanted use an octave of E, she can play the High E string open.

Technicaly, its the exact same chord, note for note minus the first octave of E on the A string.

Quote by rockergurl09
dang, are mods the only ones in this forum that can answer questions adequately?

thanks a ton, logz!

Anytime
Been away, am back
i cant really be bothered to find out how, but if you put a capo on it might help.
Mex fender tele
fender frontman
morley wah
just an octave higher, barre it with your index finger(on fret 7)
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
@logz, i certainly noticed all you said there before, i'm just saying that it's not the exact chord either. i did say it was much closer than anybody elses, and suggested it as an alternative, but i'm just saying that if you're not posting the exact correct thing either, is it really necessary to dis everyone who posted before you? i posted before you, for example, and gave an attempted explanation on how to switch to that chord she asked for. i certainly don't appreciate "you lot are stupid" when i feel i best tried to answer her exact question. certainly the fingering you presented is much easier and adequate, though, and it sounds good too.

Quote by sirpsycho85
i certainly don't appreciate "you lot are stupid" when i feel i best tried to answer her exact question. certainly the fingering you presented is much easier and adequate, though, and it sounds good too.

I appologise, i wasnt speaking to you, rather the idiots who think its a good idea to just tell her its a stupid chord because they dont like it, or post useless spam.
Been away, am back