Page 1 of 2
wtf is with these kids. all of a sudden they all went to grindcore, death metal? none of them ever listened to cannibal corpse, morbid angel, nasum, or napalm death before. its only a select group of bands tho? i love job for a cowboy but i hate the fanbase. is it just the cool thing to do or what? i was actually very dissapointed to see job for a cowboy playing with necrophagist when they come to AZ in november. i bet theres gonna be a bunch of douches hardcore dancing the whole time. like wtf happened? am i missing something here?
it happens, i dont really like JFAC that much so w/e

one of my friends who is a female knows them and she likes emo she asked if i liked them the other day
Ugh, I know. There's this scene kid I used to be friends with, he's all into Circle of Dead Children, TBDM, Cannibal Corpse, etc but dresses like one of the guys from As I Laying Dying. What a sight.
Those dancers will probably get bum rushed. Im looking forward to the Epitaph II tour too.

It's probably just AZ dude. The Metalcore/Deathcore/Hardcore scene out here is just ridiculous and since JFACB is from Glendale, AZ the fanbase is going to be even more.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Those dancers will probably get bum rushed. Im looking forward to the Epitaph II tour too.

It's probably just AZ dude. The Metalcore/Deathcore/Hardcore scene out here is just ridiculous and since JFACB is from Glendale, AZ the fanbase is going to be even more.

me and u should go if ur willing to make the trip. its gonna be soooooooo awsome.
I love it when kids say that JFAC its the most brutal grind stuff ever.

Just shows you how big of a posers they are, how clueless they are about the genre and bands like N.D, Carcass and such.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by into the moat
me and u should go if ur willing to make the trip. its gonna be soooooooo awsome.

That shows going to be in Tempe. Now that would be effing awesome.

I don't know why you'd even consider listening to a band called "Job For A Cowboy"?

It's got fag written all over it.

Simple solution, don't go in until they've stopped playing and then go in to watch Necrophagist. Of course that plan won't work if you want to be on the barricade.

When I saw Exodus in March, they were opening for The Haunted (outrage in my opinion), as soon as their set finished, I left. Wasn't stickin round for that crap (sorry if you're a fan of The Haunted anyone).
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Yeah it's really weird, there is a million bands that are better than JFAC aswell so I don't knnow why they're all cumming in their tight pants for them.
Quote by twentyextysixx
(sorry if you're a fan of The Haunted anyone).

no no no sir
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Quote by twentyextysixx
I don't know why you'd even consider listening to a band called "Job For A Cowboy"?

It's got fag written all over it.

Simple solution, don't go in until they've stopped playing and then go in to watch Necrophagist. Of course that plan won't work if you want to be on the barricade.

When I saw Exodus in March, they were opening for The Haunted (outrage in my opinion), as soon as their set finished, I left. Wasn't stickin round for that crap (sorry if you're a fan of The Haunted anyone).

I salute you sir I too despise this unworthy piece of shit named The Haunted and Exodus opening for them!?!??!?! Not even an unholy war goat with semen of fire would tolerate such blasphemy against such legends.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
Quote by SorrowIsMe
I salute you sir I too despise this unworthy piece of shit named The Haunted ?!??!?!

Do I know you?
The Haunted fan club #1 (PM me to join)
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Member #3 of the METAL MISSIONARIES club
Member #8 of the anti CoF club
#10 MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB
since when did music stop being about what played on stage and start being more about whos listening?
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
Yeah it's true, it is now cool to have a black straight fringe cut, girl jeans and a Death metal tee. It's cool to like Cannibal Corpse and all death/grind bands aswell as the new wave JFAC stuff, which I personally don't mind, good band.

It went from Emo-----Death Metal.
Haha not in Australia.

Emo's are like a disease, each week there's more of the fuckers.

One of my non-metalhead mates said a hilarious thing about them:
"Yeah, some of those emo chicks would be alright if they didn't look like they were dead all the time"

I for one am sick of being called "emo" whilst walking around in a Morbid Angel shirt. What the fuck, man? Then again, 5 years ago it was basically the same, except you got called a goth.

Quote by God Book

HA!
^You still get the old school emo's?

Here theyve all turned into Grind loving scensters. It's good in the sense that there's more metal fans but it's bad in the sense that they're all f ucking posers and it's just a fad.
Quote by BR00TAL

Here theyve all turned into Grind loving scensters. It's good in the sense that there's more metal fans but it's bad in the sense that they're all f ucking posers and it's just a fad.

Yeah, they **** me so hard. In the City (Sydney), there's a huge old sandstone building that's basically the centre of town, appropriately titled "Town Hall". All the emos converge on this poor old building after their afternoon milk n cookies (which usually involves punching cones in Hyde Park), and sit on the steps and just looking like absolute fools. And each week there's more of them. I'm seriously this close to start petitioning to get a law passed that makes it illegal for them to sit on the stairs. But they're targets as well at Town Hall, groups of metalheads (usually on Saturday night) are always there to tell em to fuck off/spray em their straight-edge asses with beer/or just to start fights. My group of mates end up in alot of fights nowadays when we walk past and they give us lip. Little turds.

Put it this way man. As long as the scene doesn't get flooded with half-baked turd-core grind music, and as long as all the little ****s buy the albums of the good bands, as well as support the good bands by going to the gigs, it can be a good thing.
Grind requires skill, just like thrash did, and when everyone starts running to the scene, there'll be good stuff and bad stuff. Just hope that one day they discover the joys of Carcass.

Quote by God Book

HA!
I think its good. Most of the JFAC fans I know also like Cannibal Corpse and other such good DM bands. It's elitist to think that this is bad, like they're ruining the music we love to keep to ourselves. People can like Dying Fetus and Britney Spears if they want to.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
I think its good. Most of the JFAC fans I know also like Cannibal Corpse and other such good DM bands. It's elitist to think that this is bad, like they're ruining the music we love to keep to ourselves. People can like Dying Fetus and Britney Spears if they want to.

Exactly.

Personally, I've never heard of these JFAC fags, but there's probably a reason for that. I got no problem with good metal getting big, the bands will finally get the money they deserve when people start buying more of their albums.

Quote by God Book

HA!
Quote by duncang

Yeah man, I guess that is true. I just found it interesting how now every f ucker with a fringe started to like Death Metal about half a year ago. It all changed pretty quick.

I guess it's good for the bands aswell. I personally like JFAC. They put on a decent live show too.
A name change wouldnt go astray for guys that supposedly play grind.

"Job for a Cowboy" has so many homosexual connotations after that Brokeback Mountain movie.

Quote by God Book

HA!
It's really not grind, it's just Death Metal with alot of breakdowns. Good stuff I reckon, although I agree about the name.
im not in any rush to check them out.

Quote by God Book

HA!
Hang on a minute, I'll get you a Myspace of one of such scenesters...

www.myspace.com/orange_power_ranger
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by twentyextysixx
Haha not in Australia.

Emo's are like a disease, each week there's more of the fuckers.

One of my non-metalhead mates said a hilarious thing about them:
"Yeah, some of those emo chicks would be alright if they didn't look like they were dead all the time"

I for one am sick of being called "emo" whilst walking around in a Morbid Angel shirt. What the fuck, man? Then again, 5 years ago it was basically the same, except you got called a goth.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

People at my school think Death Metal is emo (They think Slipknot is death metal).

I LOL'd.

Indeed, I hate the confusion people make between metal and emo. I mean WTF?
roar
In my school if I say a band like Behemoth they get a confused look on their face.
Quote by Slayer224
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

People at my school think Death Metal is emo (They think Slipknot is death metal).

I LOL'd.

Indeed, I hate the confusion people make between metal and emo. I mean WTF?

Haha yeah, QFT.

I see the emerging generation of metalheads intermingling with these turds as well. It's like, spiky haired limp bizkit 12 year old boy sitting next to morbidly obese, fringed emo girl at Town Hall Steps. God forbid they should ever have the chance to procreate!

Quote by God Book

HA!
i for one think its a better that they get into something heavy. just because they dress like that doesnt mean they actually CANT like good music.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
This is why going to gigs is gay. The scenesters change each time though, as they find a new bandwagon to hop on by the time the next gig comes around. A bit like the users in this forum sometimes.
Shadilay.
Whatever, who cares what group of people like a certain band. More of what pisses me off is people like twentyextysixx who won't give a good band a chance because of their name and his assumptions of their fanbase.

Job for a Cowboy

Just give Knee Deep a quick un-biased listen.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Thank god my school only has a couple emos and I rarely see them. I don't really talk about metal much because no one understands it except for like 2 kids. There's a group of freshmen wearing Maiden shirts...maybe I'll get them into some deeper stuff. But yeah, I'm lucky enough to not have music or style be a big deal in my school because most people are relatively normal and not outspoken about their **** (except this one Philipino kid...on a daily basis he exclaims how "hardcore" he is...I'm not kidding.)
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
omglol they have an emospace lolololzomg.

I'm not even going to submit my mouse pointer to such torture as to even click such a hideous link.
Shadilay.
Quote by TheHaunted
Do I know you?

Why do you still "Haunt" me Dolving
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
Quote by BR00TAL

so ****ing true!
im in israel and we got that band, *****core and all of the grind lovers here love them (exept me...) and after they started doing some showes with a local punkrock band they started getting emo fans and u can see stuppid emofags going with a ''supporting violence against stupidity since 2003'' *****core T-shirt, thats called self ownage.
Quote by duncang
Hang on a minute, I'll get you a Myspace of one of such scenesters...

www.myspace.com/orange_power_ranger

Arggg.... That Myspace song she has makes me want to rip out my asshairs. ><"

Lol I thought it was weird too, my area is full of Scenes that seem to love those bands
Quote by Nelsean
Arggg.... That Myspace song she has makes me want to rip out my asshairs. ><"

Tip of the day my friend:

Haircutter machine + asshairs = bloody buttcheeks.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
I can't take it anymore!!!

*Rips out asshairs with hands*

/dies

bitch bitch bitch

Honestly, I don't like job for a cowboy, or their stereotyped fanbase, but needless to say there's probably some really cool people who listen to em.

The whole hardcore dancing vs metal is so old and juvenille. Hardcore dancing usually only happens during the "breakdown" so everyone can mosh all you want during the rest of the song, if you get hit by a dancer, it was hopefully an accident, and they may or may not apologize. If they purposely punch you, that's another thing.

I got hit in the chest last night with a leg, and I'm fine. I wasn't dancing just minding my own business, but holy shit it didn't ruin my night! : D
Page 1 of 2