hey i was wondering if somone could give me some background on this. what are its strengths and weaknesses. how loud would it be with a 2x12 with greenbacks? enough to piss of neighbors?
^It's meant NOT to piss of neighbors.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I read a review in a magazine. Aparently, it's OMFGAMAZNG, even though it's only half a watt. It drives pretty well. It's designed for recording, though, so it won't get much louder than average speech volume. Not good for annoying neighbours.
anything by zvex is probably going to sound amazing, i dunno if it could sufficiently power a 2x12, well i guess it cood but it certainly wont be loud, its a recording amp.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
anything by zvex is probably going to sound amazing, i dunno if it could sufficiently power a 2x12, well i guess it cood but it certainly wont be loud, its a recording amp.

their demo video is using a 4x12 with greenbacks.
http://media.zvex.com/nano.mov
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yea it can drive a 4x12, and it sounds great, maybe a little harsh. alot of people use just a simple boost with it though (anything from a bad monkey to a rc boost) and it sounds alot smoother that way. it really is a one trick pony though.
Yeah and the trick is jumping out of a burning skyscraper while taking Osama Bin Laden alive at the same time...................... one heck of a trick !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!