Ok, so i want to play both the electric and acoustic guitar. So i was thinking should i buy the guitar thats both electric n acoustic or should i just buy them seperately? Cause i have a feeling a 2 in 1 guitar won't be as good
well, you can buy an acoustic guitar that is electric, but thats really just to amplify it, not to give it the same sound as an electric. so in order to play them both, you're gonna need two seperate guitars
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
ya youll need both because an electric-acoustic guitar has a sound of its own
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
if i was you i would get an electric guitar first, cos you can learn how to play an acoustic on an electric but not really the other way around! plus you can get a pedle to make yr guitar sound pretty much like an acoustic anyways!
Quote by electricsausage
if i was you i would get an electric guitar first, cos you can learn how to play an acoustic on an electric but not really the other way around! plus you can get a pedle to make yr guitar sound pretty much like an acoustic anyways!

if I was you I wouldn't take that advice ^

they're two different instruments. get whichever one interests you most.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
some electrics have piezos, which give an acoustic tone if you want, but they're pretty expensive, I would think

just learn on acoustic...
i started on acoustic...and wanted an electric so bad...but then i soon, very soon, realized that acoustic has an amazing beautiful sound and i dont even want an electric as bad..although i want a strat because ...ya just cus...start acoustic then get electric...i strongly recommend this
Quote by Gyser
i started on acoustic...and wanted an electric so bad...but then i soon, very soon, realized that acoustic has an amazing beautiful sound and i dont even want an electric as bad..although i want a strat because ...ya just cus...start acoustic then get electric...i strongly recommend this

no no no no. just no. start out on whatever you like best. if you listen to mostly acoustic stuff, then get an acoustic. but if you listen to mostly electric stuff then get an electric. they both have their pros and cons as a first guitar, but the most important part of learning is being able to stay interested in what you're doing. learning how to play isn't an overnight thing, it takes a while. if you buy an acoustic and you don't even listen to acoustic music, you're gonna get bored pretty fast and you're probably gonna give up on learning guitar altogether.

also, there's another thread floating around about which one to start on.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Yep. It's a matter of what you want to do. You don't have to learn on a certain one first. Go with whatever interests you becuase you can learn on either.