Who here writes poetry? I write it all the time and find myself overwhelmed nowadays with ideas for poems. Most of them are rather negative and depressing, even the ones about love. No, I'm not emo or gay and if you're going to be an immature idiot then don't post.

If you feel comfortable with posting a poem, feel free. I won't steal it, though I can't say as much for everyone else.
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
call me crazy but I believe there is a songwriting and lyrics forum.......just a thought
I do, but i dont post it. check the songwriting/lyrics forum
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
well, since i am not a condescending asshole, i will post a poem, even though this isnt the lyrics thread. i enjoy writing poetry, and this is one my favorites that ive ever written, anyways, enjoy.

'her temper'
in the essence of the expletives she screams,
she likes the way they soothe her.
likes the way they move her.

she loves how they nestle?
so gently!
around her name
like water dropping, dripping
virulently
onto the startled sea.

she likes the viscosity of the
velocity of the
sound
when the pots and pans go whizzing,
away.
(in an orange silver streak of gravity)

her brunette tangle
of temper
crashes into the wall,
with a silent resignation
(to shatter.)

she doesnt know why, really
why not placidity?
the violent seas within her
have parted,
and shes left, lonely hearted.
regretting.
-liz collin
and your friends over there, they love you three hits deep.
thats like four-hundred and twenty feet deeper than steep.
youre so fuckin lucky to be loved so steep.
so fuckin lucky to be dug so deep.
(you cant get out.)
I've written a couple but never really went anywhere further than that.
You will find me as cute as your favourite nephew
Until I break your knees with a baseball bat
You will find me so kind, I'll be someone you like
Until I brush your teeth with a razorblade
yeah, me too....the first poem i ever wrote was about death.
Member #21 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the "...Still Waiting For The VAMPIRE Holocaust" club. PM me to join.
Quote by pabloneruda32
Who here writes poetry? I write it all the time and find myself overwhelmed nowadays with ideas for poems. Most of them are rather negative and depressing, even the ones about love. No, I'm not emo or gay and if you're going to be an immature idiot then don't post.

If you feel comfortable with posting a poem, feel free. I won't steal it, though I can't say as much for everyone else.

People calling other people emo or gay because they express a fondness for poetry is one of the many reasons why society today is completely fucking retarded.
Last edited by Vindication at Sep 23, 2006,
if you are including song writting, then yes i do write poetry. I dont have any i can post at the moment, nor any i know off hand that i could post. I like to write at times when im pissed, upset, sad, when ever i am full of emotions that i want to get out/vent
-b@man
In case anyone got a chance to read my crossroads thread

"Toasty Sweaters"
Adventure's calling your name,
Feel like answering?
'Bout now I sure don't
So I sure won't

The endless controversies are yet to cease,
Yet we've all grown accustomed, toasted in oversized sweaters.
Big dreams, never wanting to decrease,
A mellow draft, caused by the shadows of ghosts.

Newborn girls, the next copper queens,
Thinking those who leave, will be the super queens.
Ready for take-off we leave,
Yet there's those that need that lean.

Legends are started right at home.
Inspiration to the East and heroes to the West.
Rises and sets may be vivider in that dreamland,
But only in this humdrum place can you see more than there.
Only in this humdrum place can you truly hold memories hand,
The crimson and gold keep us from pretending, that we don't even care.

Amateur (sp?) I know but anyone like it?
poetry has never made sense to me. it just seems like a bunch of random ideas with no apparent structure or logic.
^ That's because you're reading the wrong poetry. A lot of stuff you'll see around here borders on nonsensical because people think they have to use big words and metaphors that stretch the boundaries of logic in order to be "artsy."

Personally, I'm much better at reading poetry than writing it.
Hi, I'm Peter
I work under the philosophy that poetry explains something but in a different way in the sake of vocabulary, to me it's inspiring and the metaphors are meant to be different for everyone and how it relates to their life personally.
A lot of people on this site write amazing poetry, however a lot more write terrible poetry.

Check out the songwriting forum, there are some truly inspired people there.

Quote by Vindication
People calling other people emo or gay because they express a fondness for poetry is one of the many reasons why society today is completely fucking retarded.

Where have you been? You sent me a PM a long time ago and you don't allow PMs back so I couldn't respond. I haven't seen you post in a long time either.
moses supposes his toeses are roses
but moses supposes erroneously
moses, he knowses his toeses arent roses
as moses supposes his toeses to be.

(i hope i got it right)
FREE-FORM METAL
I quite love poetry, especially richard brautigans work, and I love writing it.

I find most "nonsensical" or "Artsy" poetry only used the metaphors it does because of the personal meaning involved. Some uses such things pretentiously, yes, especially teens trying to imitate things they read, for it's only natural to mimick a style.
Everything i've written as poetry has had a very personal peice to it, however.

And this doesn't belong in the songwriting and lyrics forum because it's a discussion on poetry, and not comparing our work, though if that so happened, i wouldn't mind.

Also, my own poems are not depressing, for the most part, some are, some aren't, but they very between imagery stuff, just abstract, imaginative, to love poems, to yes, depressing peices.
None of them good, however.
Uh he's banend apparently, and that's quite an old post, but also yeah I would go to the songwriting forum but it's, well, songwriting. Plus my poems aren't lyric worthy to me.
This is my first post,
What a ****ing bad one indeed,
You guys wanted poetry?
Here I am on a golden steed!

Slash your face in with a sword,
It really makes my day,
When im really bored,
I will use an AK.....

...47 that is
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d.
poetry is great man, you can creat songs, and poetry is just awesome man, and yes i smoke pot thats why i love poetry
I like to read poetry, occasionally. Not too big on attempting to write it, I usually fail. Miserable. I like to write stories though, and I suppose I'm pretty good at it. Eventually I'll attempt to mix poetry and stories, because I've wanted to for a while. I don't know whether to do it like I *think* Homer's Iliad was done, even though I haven't read it.. It was a story poem, if I'm right. As in, the novel was written as one giant poem.

Or something like.. I guess the only one I can think of now is like JRR Tolkien in Lord of the Rings, where there's poems and songs in his stories. I'm sure many other authors use it, though.

Literature pwns. :P

There were some poems by Lord Byron that I loved.

Darkness and The Desctruction of Sancherab (Cannot spell the last word) are two of the, the best things I've ever read.
I started not too long ago as a way to help get over my writer's block.
I've had terrible writers block since last year because of depression, and writing poetry helps.
I carry a little notebook with me at all times to write stuff down in.
I would advise anybody who writes poetry or lyrics or whatever to do the same.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I go through good spells of writing a lot, and then longer 'spells' where anything I write turns out extremely badly. I'm going through a reasonably good spell at the moment - I've finished a couple of short stories, and two or three poems.

I've gone through a progression in terms of what I actually write - started on songs (cheesy/generic pop-punk) then moved onto poetry, and now I'm writing more short stories than anything else.

This is just a random musing that I had when I was walking home from a party one night a few weeks ago, it's blank verse...I quite like it.

"The calm made me anxious. There was nothing I wanted so much more than quiet, yet in finding it I discovered a new sense of crippling unrest. How could reaching my utopia be so effortless? The moment I had longed for was now tainted, by nothing else but the anarchistic volume at which my own thoughts and feelings announced their arrival in my mind."