Hey guys,

I'm looking for a guitar strap with pretty high friction in the shoulder area. The problem is that I own a '77 Ibanez Artist 2617 and its neck is VERY heavy so I can never keep it up like I want to (like I can do with a jackson dinky for example..). My current strap is:




and it doesn't really do the trick. My teacher suggested that I stick some velcro to it (lol) but I'd rather find a strap with a lot of friction.

Any suggestions?

i suggest putting screws through the strap and screwing them into your clavicle... does the trick for me.
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
They make cotton straps, leather straps, etc. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar click on the thing that says straps and browse for anything that's not nylon.
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

yeh i had the same problem with my epiphone g-400

i got a leather strap but that only made abit of difference so yeh i stuck a few squares of sandpaper to it, works well, only u get sandpaper on what ur wearing, and its painful when i wanna play topless lol
Smashing Pumpkins and Billy Corgan Member #20
Quote by stringmagician
get a leather strap with a wide shoulder area

seconded. it works great for me...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Does anybody has a link to one of those wide leather straps if you guys bought them online?
you could also get one of those no-slip dashboard things for your cellphone from radioshack. then just sew or pin it onto your strap. (they only cost 5 bucks)
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
What about that kind of spongy stuff that people put on tables and stuff to keep things from sliding around? I can't think of what it's called, but it would work.