The arm to my ZR trem is REALLY loose. The whole unit is loose. So the arm, the torque ajuster, the nut behind it all. I can't really get in there with a wrench to tighten it, any clever ideas to do this?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Last edited by bean-o at Sep 23, 2006,
1) are both the screws on the top of the trem tightened?
2) to really fix the problem your gonna have to open the back and fix it there
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
By loose, do you mean wobbly/clunky or issit just doesnt screw in place. If it doesnt screw in place, then just use some PTFE tape and tape it around the threads, that should tighten it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i had the same prob ages ago, its the socket that the arm screws into thats loose, too tighten it you have to take the trem out. The two large screws at either end, remove the strings first. Bit of a hassle i know but it aint that bad a job, once out you can tighten the nut that holds the socket in place.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM (Swinehead pups)
Fender Custom Shop American Classic Strat
Mesa/Boogie Lone Star special
Marshall Guv'nor GV - 2
Boss Overdrive OD - 3
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
Boss Digtal Delay DD-6
Flanger
Last edited by funkymuzak at Sep 23, 2006,
Quote by madpickin03
By loose, do you mean wobbly/clunky or issit just doesnt screw in place. If it doesnt screw in place, then just use some PTFE tape and tape it around the threads, that should tighten it.

It's wobbly, the arm stays tight within the whole unit, its the nut and everything.

Quote by funkymuzak
i had the same prob ages ago, its the socket that the arm screws into thats loose, too tighten it you have to take the trem out. The two large screws at either end, remove the strings first. Bit of a hassle i know but it aint that bad a job, once out you can tighten the nut that holds the socket in place.

I was hoping that I didnt need to take the whole trem out . Is this the only way, cus I'm scared of ****ing stuff up.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
^was the only real solution i could fined.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM (Swinehead pups)
Fender Custom Shop American Classic Strat
Mesa/Boogie Lone Star special
Marshall Guv'nor GV - 2
Boss Overdrive OD - 3
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
Boss Digtal Delay DD-6
Flanger