Heres a cover of Time After Time i did at 1am. I just want an honest opinion on it and tips. Thanks!

will crit4crit

ps i think my singing gets better towards the end of the song but im not sure

http://mikem.dmusic.com/
Firstly: Time After Time is a Cindie Lauper song LOL Matchbox 20 just did a cover.

I think you sound sort of nervous, and this has a slightly negative effect on the song. Keep singing the tune to get those low notes downpat, I liked the deeper rendition of this and with more confidence you'll sing it well.

Also congrats on successfully singing while playing, the song seems to have a couple tempo changes which no doubt are quite confusing!

As for what you say about getting better towards the end, I think you're right. And I'd put it down to just beinf comfortable with the song
ok, as i'm not familiar with the original i only can say what sounded good and what sounded not so good to me. Can't judge if you did it right.
Guitar sounded pretty much ok apart from some screw ups that are not to bad. Seemed like a pretty hard rhythm to keep whilst singing.
Vocals are improvable. Even if your not a great singer you gotta try and get feeling into your voice. It sounded pretty much monotone to me. Don't be shy, let it out.

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435767
Quote by Buzzsaw1405
Firstly: Time After Time is a Cindie Lauper song LOL Matchbox 20 just did a cover.

I think you sound sort of nervous, and this has a slightly negative effect on the song. Keep singing the tune to get those low notes downpat, I liked the deeper rendition of this and with more confidence you'll sing it well.

Also congrats on successfully singing while playing, the song seems to have a couple tempo changes which no doubt are quite confusing!

As for what you say about getting better towards the end, I think you're right. And I'd put it down to just beinf comfortable with the song

neither version has a tempo change....

you sound like your singing an octave below where your voice would be more comfortable, but it might help to record seperatly or sing along with the song right before you record, you just seem to be lacking emotion