am i the only person that liked saves the day´s: In Reverie? a lot of people hate it. i think its awesome. what was the whole problem behing them and the label when they released this record? does anyone here know what really happened?
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
I love that album! You're not alone

As for the drama behind it, I have no idea
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I like this album, but not as much as their new one. At first I didn't like it because Chris sings in such a high-pitched voice, but it grew on me.

I think the label they were on went bankrupt or something, so they recorded the album in their own studio and released it themselves. Not 100% sure about that though.
the reason why i like it so much is because its just soo different from all the other bands that were big back in ´03. its very original. i liked it more than sound the alarm. through being cool ftw.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
I think "In reverie" is an OK CD, but it's their worst album in my opinion. Through Being Cool, Stay What You Are, and Can't Slow Down were much much better
i think sound the alarm is their worst.
Quote by NeverMeant
no way. in reverie might not be their best album. but sound the alarm is definitely good.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
i just bought that for $2.

I Animals!!! They're Delicious!!!

...I'm oNly a litTlE CRAzY, BUT A LITtlE GoeS a LOnG WaY...

¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? Lárgate cabrón.

I can see why old STD fans think In Reverie is crap, and I can see why they think Sound The Alarm is better. But it's a classic case of "Staying true to your bands/fans roots" and "making real music". It just so happens Saves The Day decided that staying true is better than making good music with Sound The Alarm, and I totally disagree with their decision. Or should I say Chris Conley's decision.

Not comparing Saves The Day to any of these bands, but look at the bands that have totally changed their style yet still remained amazing (as I think Saves The Day could have done):

Radiohead:
THEN (1993): They were a post grunge outfit with a ton of depressing-ish lyrics and lots of distortion. Not very original.
NOW (2006): One of the most original and thought provoking bands in the land. Blends electronica with jazz and rock to make some of the spaciest and paranoid music.

Incubus:
THEN (1995): An experimentation in music, blending the likes of Primus/Mr Bungle/Chili Peppers to form what could be called "the ultimate stoner music".
NOW (2006): One of the leading alternative rock bands, still clearing paths in the alternative world with one of the tightest line ups in modern times.

hell, I'd even go as far to say...

Brand New
THEN (2001): A pop-punk outfit with some of the catchiest vocal lines ever in it's genre. Musical talent could use a ton of renovation, power chords over take anything and everything in the music.

Now (2006): A very spacy and experimental rock band who proved they have more to prove then crying into a mic. With the serious improvement of musical ability of their sophomore effort, they continue to strive to make some of the best music that not only they could make, but that anyone could make with just guitars, bass, and drums.

I guess I got a little too carried away with my rant. My point is that In Reverie was/is musical genius, and I guess I just wish a little too hard that STD would have kept in that direction...
i think thats the whole point of being in a band and playing music: IMPROVEMENT. you dont want to be at the same level youre whole life. thats why at the drive broke up, cedric and omar said that they couldnt experiment their ideas or something like that. beacuse at the drive in already had a genre set. so, IMO, i respect every bands decision when they say theyre gonna change and stuff, i actually anticipate the record when they say that kind of thing.
Quote by NeverMeant
Quote by sloppyjoe109
i think sound the alarm is their worst.

That's my favorite. The lyrics remind me a lot more of Alkaline Trio or Bayside on that album, so I thought it was awesome. Plus I think Chris's vocals are awesome on it.
Through Being Cool would have to be my second favorite.