i have a fat strat run through a marshall 15
what would be a good pedal for overdrive and distortion?
or am i better off with a pedal for each?
i like the boss super overdrive , or the marshall jack hammer i use a tubescreamer also but i use tube amps its good for tube amps not for solid state just try as many as you can till you find one you like
i think its coz it is avery old pedal that boss dont sell anymore.

i have a bad monkey and that is gret
I seriously think you're much better off with a new amp.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
for a budget im not goin too cheap it seems like i have to spend at least $50 but i dont want to spend more than 100
oh yea and i dont want a new amp im a beginner so i dont care about size
Its not just the wattage that matter I think they meant more so that low end marshalls dont have a very good tone. Maybe you should check out a Roland Cube or Vox AD50VT. But if you still just want a pedal for now, a Boss DS-2 Turbo distortions good.
I agree with the new amp option but if you're set on a pedal get a distortion pedal, overdrive pedals are more for tube amps. A Boss DS-1 or 2 would do fine.
Seriously TS, i'd really consider on a new amp, a 30W SS at least. I find that the sound isnt as good, the sound could also "break" and that aint good for ur amp. But if you really really dont have any cash and dont wanna buy a new amp, then go for a DS-1, its just $34, or a DOD overdrive.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
if i did think about a new amp would i want a tube amp or a bigger solid
Tube amps would probably be much too expensive for you. A "bigger" SS is not necessarily the thing, but a better one. Try a Roland Cube 30, or maybe a Vox AD30VT.
no
goin from a 15 to a 30 isn't much of an upgrade so is it almost completely necessary to get overdrive/distortion that doesn't sound like crap?
The roland microcube is also enough, considering your budget, and pedals arent necessary as the microcube has killer built in FX in 'em.

....maan i sound like Johnny demarco....
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by jhjps
goin from a 15 to a 30 isn't much of an upgrade so is it almost completely necessary to get overdrive/distortion that doesn't sound like crap?

Dude - I have played 150w amps that sound like crap, and 25w amps that are sonic orgasms. If you buy a better 30w amp, it is a huge upgrade over the Marshall MG15 (assuming that's the 15w model you're playing.) Besides, unless you're playing gigs, you don't need power.
no
jekyll and Hyde
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst