so who even makes a set or set thru seven string? ive looked at quite a few bands like jackson, shecter, ibanez, music man, and carvin. and i cant find anything really decent. i need something that i can play shred and metal on, preferbaly with 2 humbuckers and a hardtail bridge. i have a price range of about 1600-1800 canadian.

so far what i have some up with is the shecter hellraiser 7, and still i dont know if i would be happy with that.

so any suggestions or links?
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
ummm LTD Stephen Carpenter sig model though they are neck thru so yeh. and what amp do you use? the pickups in the hell raiser generally need a good one to sound good. and its pretty good for metal thanks to the pickups but generally in shred the artist tend to stick to passive pickups
I own the C-7 and love it. My friend owned the LTD SRC 607B, and we got to compare the 2 pretty extensively. Other than looking like they were built in the same factory, the C-7 hands down was the better playing guitar, we were both in agreement. The 26.5 scale works great with the 7 strings. My friend told me his 607B never felt the same again, so he sold it. It came with (2) 81-7 EMG, so we swapped eachother. I now have an 81-7 in the bridge and 707 in the neck. The C-7 Blackjack is also supposed to be nice if you prefer passives, although I've only heard it from friends, I haven't gotten to try it yet. http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=24
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
schecter has the c7 blackjack, c7 hellraiser, the 007 elite, and a diamond c7, esp has the stephen carpenters, the V407, epiphone made some 7 string LPs and Vs that you can usually find around, thats about all i can think of now
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
esp actually have a few more there is a flying v that is a 7 string i think. ummm there M-II is also available in 7 stirng
i use a fender stage 1000 and a marshall 412. it has a a lot of gain good for shred. but the metal tone is not there. like it has a ton of gain but no heaviness to it. what im wondering is if i was to get that sunburst stef carpenter would active pickups be crappy for shred. one other thing im wondering is whats it like to not really have a full neck pickup. because i always use the neck pickup on my jackson an never even touch the bridge pup
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
i believe lacuna coil use the stephen carpenters, they seem to get a good metal tone and some good cleans
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210