I have a Vox AD30-VT and I have a band practice today and naturally its not going to be loud enough so i have rented a Marshall half stack - I was just wondering if there was any way that I could use my amp as the head to the Marshall and get all the Vox sound and effects through a Marshall Cab...
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
I think its only the 50 watt that has the speaker out, if I were you I would stick to the marshall but thats just me I guess.

what model marshall is it by the way?
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
Last edited by aussieguitarman at Sep 23, 2006,
the ad30vt should be loud enough shouldn't it? unless your drummer has a really loud kit
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
What kinda marshall is it? Plug your guitar into the Vox, then take the "line" jack from the Vox to the fx loop return (if it has one) on the Marshall. Using both amps, you should now have the Vox preamp stage and effects into the marshall's power stage. Wait for someone to correct me, before you blow yourself up, though.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Sep 23, 2006,
no. actually what jim said will work. effects loop out on vox to the effects loop in on marshall will work fine. might take some tweaking to get the same tones though.
The VT has no effects loop, so it's gonna have to be the line out, which is right before the power stage anyway, so that'll work. I think most of the tone comes from the Pre stage, so going into the marshall power stage shouldn't change it too much, right?
These go to eleven...
line out is at headphone levels so its not enough wattage to fry anything. ... i've never tried hooking a pair of headphones into an effects loop out..... someone try it and see what happens
Don't put them on before ya plug them in.

Line out can also go to PA's and recording devices and stuff.
These go to eleven...
Well, mind telling us what Marshall you rented?
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT