Im sure most people here are familiar with the ibanez S series guitar

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/eg_page.php?PAGE_ID=383&COLOR=CL01&AREA_ID=2

and i know a lot of people like it for the good trem, body shape and all that. But i have a few gripes with it, firstly which is only cosmetic is that i really dont like the inlays which is something id get over if it wasnt for the second reason, the neck only has 22 frets. Anyway this is where my idea comes in.

would it be possible to buy the S470 and an RG wizard or wizard II neck and just swap it for the S one? i already checked and the S series uses a 25.5" scale neck as the RG does so would it be as simple as that or would there be the chance of the neck pocket being in the wrong spot for it or what? I just thought it would be worth looking into because i played an S series at a music shop and thought it was great but then went looking for the 24th fret and was suprised at how restricting it was in a lot of the songs i play.

Anyway, please comment on if you think it would be possible or just a waste of time
It'd mess up your intonation which im not too sure if you can recover it back with the ZR trem. If you ask me about the neck, i'd say its a drop in fit with no routing necessary, thats what i love about Ibanez. But just make sure they're both from the same manufacturing country as some japan Wizard II is a bit thinner.

EDIT: You also might gonna stumble in on a fretboard problem where the extended part at the end could hit your neck pickup, thus making it an unperfect fit.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Sep 23, 2006,
hmm, yeah the intonation was the thing i was most uncertain about, and then that second point about the extension hitting the neck pickup is something i didnt think of.

might just wait and see if ibanez bring out a 24 fret model in next years line up
I doubt that they'll make a 24 fretter S. The S series has been a 22 fretter since the early 1980s, during that time, it was the Ibanez Saber/Power/Radius series. They've grown to 540 series, Frank Gambale model, JS series and more. Now its just down to 2, the JS-Series and the S and all of them have 22 in em. If you really want a 24 fretter, then an RG is your best bet.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic