Hi, I was looking at my Affinity Strat the other day and I was wondering what this code on the headstock meant?

It reads:

s/n IC040934104

(it's made in indonesia)

And if that tells the year somewhere, does anybody know what woods they were made from in that year? I bought it in England. The body has a fairly sharp, quite harsh tone and not alot of grain if that helps at all.

Edit: Oh, and it's surprisingly heavy.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Yeah it can tell ya when you're guitar was put together.

Squiers are suprisingly heavy. I was playing my old squier and comparing it to my American strat and the difference in feel in all respects is absolutely huge.

Squier's aren't bad though I mean, you could do alot worse.
Ok then.

Yeah they're heavy as anything, everyone goes on about how heavy the Epi LP is but when I tried it in the shop it was lighter than my Squier strat!

Hmm, from the sole chip in the bodywork it looks to be a colour similar to that of the neck. They sound similar too when you put your ear to them (neck and body). I've also read that hard maple is heavy, and the grain on the body fits in with the neck's grain pattern roughly too. There isn't enough grain for it to be alder, IMO. Could it be a maple strat?
If you want to know what its made from/specs then go to the official site and try to find one. Most probably its made from alder as alder is a very very common wood used on fender's guitars.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?section=guitars
try and find urs. I doubt that its made from maple, soft maple is pretty heavy while hard maples are very heavy and rarely used by manufacturers due to their hardness. It aint good for long term machinery and not to mention manual labor.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I won't be able to find it on there, it's a few years old, that's why I was asking the serial code thing.

It is heavier than an Epi LP. barely any damage to it despite the rough treatment, only a few dings and one dent in the paintwork where you can see the wood. It's the same colour as the maple neck, and looking at pictures of alder, I just can't believe that it would be Alder. The grain just doesn't match at all.
It could also be poplar/ash, ash is said to be heavy too.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yeah, it's a three-piece body also.