Page 1 of 4
So I haven't been on UG for a couple of years and i was really bored about 5minutes ago, so I thought I'd check out how it was doing.

Does anyone from a couple of years ago still post on this site? people registered about 2002-2003? It was a tight knit community back then with alot of regular user names. Now i recognise barely one.
Fingers Crossed
A few from 2003 post

occasionally

There are a few mods/admin from then Like Dreadnought and that.

If you look down the bottom at the pit mod list, or wherever
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Well, remember my name and you'll be fine.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Don't worry I know the feeling.

The problem is with a site that is so huge, new members arrive ALL the time and old ones leave. Also it attracts many types of users rather than just one type (Although you'd assume everyone came here first for tabs or to talk guitar).

Considering the amount of new members and amount of traffic this place gets, its suprising how it manages to be a fairly decent community, depending on how you look at it.
I think JDawg is the oldest member still posting, other than Zappp, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by Jackolas
Considering the amount of new members and amount of traffic this place gets, its suprising how it manages to be a fairly decent community, depending on how you look at it.

it is amazing. you'd think there would be huge amounts of flaming, no togetherness and in general it would be a rotten place where internet junkies go to argue. instead it's going quite well
What were the girls that everyone used to drool over in the pic thread? Domino or something? and another begginning with I....? she used to get naked alot! haha, thats all i really remember. And Chung's path of chaos that he frequently created. lol goodtimes!!
Fingers Crossed
There are a few who post from time to time, but like you they are just people who got bored and remembered about this site.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by blynd_snyper
well there's hotpunks8ergirl. but she's goddam annoying

Doesnt ring a bell. maybe she was after my time. haha i sound old. Im only 18 dammit!
Fingers Crossed
Quote by jay_sixstring
Doesnt ring a bell. maybe she was after my time. haha i sound old. Im only 18 dammit!

She's an '05er, so she was probably here "after your time"
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna be big yeah...

flickr
i still post...but not very often anymore

i do visit the site everyday and browse the forums...but there's a huge lack of interesting threads in the pit...mostly spam to be honest

still find a good thread or two in the other forums everynow and then

but yeh, i think most of the time the older users just get bored of the constant useless threads and newbies spamming

-rob
okay names recognised -> J0nmcc, i remember him making me laugh many a time!
faqu, KhaosInTheDark. lol not alot out of the hundreds i used to converse with. Ill keep looking throught the threads for some familiars.
It feels good to be back.
Fingers Crossed
The oldest username is testman01 I think... Something like that. Zappp made that to try out the website. He then made Zappp. He's kinda guilty for multipul accounts :P

Dunno if testman01 ever got deleted though.
Quote by jay_sixstring
okay names recognised -> J0nmcc, i remember him making me laugh many a time!
faqu, KhaosInTheDark. lol not alot out of the hundreds i used to converse with. Ill keep looking throught the threads for some familiars.
It feels good to be back.

KhaosInTheDark and faqu are still here. There are a lot of 2003 regulars on UG. They just don't post in the pit.

I don't think we've met before.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
^Must've been. Zappp's at the top of this.

EDIT: Whoa, loads posted before me. And I'm from Dorst too btw.
Back and sexier than ever

Co-founder and #1 member of The Pick-Eater's club. PM me to join.
n00baid member - PM draken to join
Quote by Jammydude44
Threadstarter, your from Dorset??

There's more then one of us?

Yea man! B-Town all the way! Thats Bournemouth for everyone not living in the kingdom of sunny sunny Bournemouth!

Sorry bro, looks like i was the first from Dorset too.

Good to meet a fellow farmer.
Fingers Crossed
^You're in Bournemouth? I'm in Poole. You get shown more in maps more than us.
Back and sexier than ever

Co-founder and #1 member of The Pick-Eater's club. PM me to join.
n00baid member - PM draken to join
lol I remember you.
Domino still drops by in the chat every once in a while.
Impulce checks in every 8 months or so. um... fuzzybunny is long gone.
yeah, a lot of people left.

=)
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Quote by faqu
lol I remember you.
Domino still drops by in the chat every once in a while.
Impulce checks in every 8 months or so. um... fuzzybunny is long gone.
yeah, a lot of people left.

=)

Nice to seeya again bro! Impulce! thats who i was thinking of! awesome. Fuzzybunny? gone? no.
Hows bout stellar? still about? or not so much?
Fingers Crossed
lol stellar legs...
nope, havent been around for a long ass time!
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
I wish I was around UG in those days...

Stupid me, only coming on UG for the tabs
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna be big yeah...

flickr
Quote by jay_sixstring
So I haven't been on UG for a couple of years and i was really bored about 5minutes ago, so I thought I'd check out how it was doing.

Does anyone from a couple of years ago still post on this site? people registered about 2002-2003? It was a tight knit community back then with alot of regular user names. Now i recognise barely one.

2003 represent!

Bournemouth ftw
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
2003???! BAH!!

2002 is the way to go!
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
I've got a 2002 username but I forgot the password so had to make this one

I told Doug, so no "lollercopter, banned" replies

I wish I still had a 2002 name
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by blynd_snyper
it is amazing. you'd think there would be huge amounts of flaming, no togetherness and in general it would be a rotten place where internet junkies go to argue. instead it's going quite well

I think it's because there are so many that it works so well. It doesn't really give a chance for cliques to form as much as they would. I know a comparatively smaller (75,000) Irish forum and it's just full of cliques, insults and irresponsible mods.
Anyway yay for UG. One day I will be an 'old' user
Dude, isn't it great how the first user after zappp in terms of join dates has only one post?

Just pointing it out.

Edit: And he's registered as a "UG Newbie"
Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.
i mostly browse the metal and electric guitar sections.....Pit not as entertaining as before
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Quote by JDawg
Holy ****, Ive been here forever.... none of the originals are even here anymore.

Jono034 - 11-07-2001
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Been here for a couple of years too. Don't post too much but i visit almost everyday the site.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Last edited by El Cumanés at Sep 23, 2006,
I'm still here...if you remember me at all that is.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
I wish I could go back to 2002/03 time. Sounds great.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
I'm still here, although I'm getting more disillusioned with the place as a whole - the place just seems to be filled with bollocks from the new kids.

I guess, I'm just getting old, but there's nothing original about the place anymore.

M'eh, I guess I'm just becoming a grump .
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by jay_sixstring

I know I'm a n00b compared to you, but the recent months has had an EXPLOSION of 06'ers, and it's hard to even find some regulars from 05. So don't feel so bad.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I remember browsing the forums before when I needed help with an acoustic guitar back in 04. I did a search, and found what I needed and decided to browse the forums. It seemed better than it does now. That's why there are so many spin-off forums now. UG is just too big to form a scall, tight community.

Unless you hang out usually in just one single forum (*cough*)
Page 1 of 4