Next month, I am finally getting a new guitar to go with my VOX AD50VT (I love that amp!) and I've been looking into Epiphones. I can't Agiles here in Scandinavia, so an Epiphone will have to do.

The thing is, I can't figure out which one.

It's either an Epiphone Les Paul Goth...
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=36&CollectionID=5

Or an Epiphone Les Paul Standard (they got special prize on the Transluctant Amber one in my store)
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=44&CollectionID=6

So which one would you recommend, taking into consideration I play stuff similiar to Guns N' Roses and will probably get a pickup change further down the road?
Have you played them both?

I would say the Standard. I saw a post in custom forum about a guy who sanded the paint off his Goth LP and the woods were really badly placed...The maple top didnt even cover the body, and the mahogany showed through.

I'm getting a standard, beautiful thing to play =)
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Go for the standard, DO NOT go for the goth!, it has really crappy manifacture and really ugly, the les aul standard is a fvcking great guitar, and it's really beautiful

i highly raccomend it
I like straberry pie

don't you?

Proud founder of the PedoBear fan club. PM me to join

10000+ Free webcam girls at:
camgirls.uk
Quote by MrCarrot
Have you played them both?

I would say the Standard. I saw a post in custom forum about a guy who sanded the paint off his Goth LP and the woods were really badly placed...The maple top didnt even cover the body, and the mahogany showed through.

I'm getting a standard, beautiful thing to play =)

^ Agreed, Mr carrot!
I have the standard(plus) and it really is GREAT! Recommend it to thread starter, as I have similar gnr,acdc ets (classic hard rock) interests and it's amazing. Get the standard.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Will do. Awesome, thanks alot everyone! The color is one to die for, I love it. While we're at it, care to recommend me a good pair of pickups? I can get a hold of Seymour Duncans quite easily, but which ones?
Quote by Mr How
Will do. Awesome, thanks alot everyone! The color is one to die for, I love it. While we're at it, care to recommend me a good pair of pickups? I can get a hold of Seymour Duncans quite easily, but which ones?

^ good one!
If you go on the seymour duncan website, it hjas details of all their pickups and what wood/style they are suited for (in cluding alnico 11 pro's etc)
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Well, an Alnico Pro II is definate, but in bridge or neck? And which one to go with it? I'm not too skilled when it comes to choosing pickups ^^
As I said in my first post, I have a VOX AD50VT and I play classic rock like Guns N' Roses and occasionally a bit heavier stuff.
woops sorry yeh alnico II pro in the neck (slash stuff) and when moving onto heavier stuff ummm probably the Seymour Duncan Custom