OK. The other day i recieved my new black pickguard for my fender strat. so i removed the old one, removing all the volume and tone knobs, pickups etc. and i put the new one on. But there was a problem with putting on the volume and tone knobs.

I placed them inside the hole they are supposed to go in, put the washer on, and tightened the nut up, but they were all squint, and when i put the nobs on, they also didn't look right at all. Also, now, the volume isn't working because if i go above 6 or 7, it just goes a little crackly and cuts off altogether.

I'm very puzzled into what i did wrong. Also, with all the volume and tone knobs, if i tighten the nut too much holding them to the picguard, they become very hard to turn?

This is annoying me very much and i don't know what to do. Does anyone know what i've done wrong, and what can be done to fix it? thanks
currently playing a Stratocaster
Amp - small 15watt thing, getting 150 watt soon

My top 5 guitarists

1. David Gilmour
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan
4. Jimmy Paige
5. John Frusciante
1) Check all the wiring
2) Check it again
3) Get someone else to check it
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
OK thats great, i'll do that, any help on how to get the knobs straight when putting them inside the holes of the pickguard?

My top 5 guitarists

1. David Gilmour
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan
4. Jimmy Paige
5. John Frusciante
Erm... dunno really. You are tightening them up and everything prior to re-attaching the pickguard right?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
yea i attached everything, then i attached the pickguard last. I honestly don't know what i did wrong, but i have spoken to a friend on the phone, he's gona get me some new electronics soon. i'll let you guys knw if it still doesn't work. thanks a lot man.

My top 5 guitarists

1. David Gilmour
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan
4. Jimmy Paige
5. John Frusciante