Pictures describe better than words :

Pic A. Hand is higher up. Palm is at the body.

Pic B. Palm is at the bridge. Wrist is moved upwards towards the lower strings, and makes the wrist sorta curved (not so clear in the pic).

Its easier to pick in pic A, and in pic B I realised that tension is created at the shoulder when moving the wrist upwards. Its sort of uncomfortable.

In pic A, when im not picking the lower strings I have to move my hand lower thus my palm would be resting at the lower strings, muting them. There's movement in my arm when switching from lower strings to higher strings (I cant reach the higher strings from there). In pic B, I wouldnt have to move my arm at all, it just remains where it is...the wrist does all the moving.

Yay for pic A or pic B? Or im doing it wrong altogether? If so, please post a pic of the right way, because its hard to imagine when its written in words. Thanks.

Edit : sry if pics are too big. Resized them but they're still pretty big. The pics are also not the exact way of me picking, just a rough example. I was taking the pic with my left hand...it was pretty hard to balance.
Last edited by winkybear at Sep 23, 2006,
If A is easier, stick with A. That seems to be the way I pick the lower strings too.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
If A is easier, stick with A. That seems to be the way I pick the lower strings too.

agree