Hi, I have a new (3 week old) epiphone les paul standard, and this morning I noticed the fret has a slight indent mark on it. I think this must of formed by string pressure exerted on the fret, but it doesn't look to good. It is basically a scratch, which isn't flat, but goes slightly in to the fret instead-it's hard to explain.
When you bend the string (this affects 4 notes) over the sctratch, it makes a unplesent sound as it goes over it say an octave higher...?
So what I wondered was is this a problem that can be fixed eg: some sort of coating at the store, or is it a problem I'm stuck with?
I really would appreciate ur help, thanks in advance.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
u can replace the fret/get the store to replace it.
The guitar should still be under warranty
Gooby Pls.
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
u can replace the fret/get the store to replace it.
The guitar should still be under warranty

^ yeh ok, how much would this cost if the shop seller says "It was your own fault" or somethin? Do you know if the new fret would leave any ugly parts, and be the same?
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

- Get that particular fret removed and install a new one
- If you're lazy and have no cash, then unfret it and turn it upside down so that it'd go to the bass side (if the dent is on the treble side)
- Warranty?
- Use higher gauge so your string dont get stuck
- Try to shape it again using small nose plier (careful, dont hurt the fretboard)
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
it's called fretwear. It happens whenever you play guitar. You must play your guitar a lot to get a noticeable amount in such a short time.

Don't do anything about it untill you start getting fretbuzz. If you start replacing frets and getting fret dressing every time you can see fretwear then you will have your guitar in the shop as often as you have it in your hands. When your guitar does start buzzing take it into the shop and get a fret dressing. It should cost you anywhere from 40 to 80 quid depending on your location.
Not taking any online orders.
take the guitar back to the shop. most spots have a 30-90 day no questions asked return.

if it bothers u that much. return the guitar and walk out of the store.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
take the guitar back to the shop. most spots have a 30-90 day no questions asked return.

if it bothers u that much. return the guitar and walk out of the store.

not without taking a new one with ya...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
LAf, well if its a small shop ull want to get that money in ur hand. if u go in for an exchange they might want to inquier as to why. and then you might not get what you want.

so i guess it depends, where u bought it. if u liked that model. and if there are other stores in ur area.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^thanks all, I went into the shop I purchased it from and he is going to "stone it down". On top of this he is saying it will be free of charge! aparently it won't be a hard job- he will stone down all the frets (he says it will feel better aswell...) But ye cheers.
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

^that is the fret dressing I was taking about. When you get it back it will play better than new. You are lucky he is doing it for free.
Not taking any online orders.