Hello everyone, A while back i went to clean my guitar and a small spacer came out of the bridge, (I didnt realize at the time it came from the bridge) So i chucked it away. Well it turns out that spacer is what kept the string holding groove from moveing around thus keeping the string in tune. If you dont know what i mean..... I think my style of bridge is a floating bridge perhaps. Not totally sure, It kinda sits ontop two bolts going into the body, Just sits right on it, It completely slides off the two bolts going into the body when the strings are off, And the two bolts can be adjusted down or up to raise/lower action.
I pretty positive i cant replace that spacer in there. Cause the others wont come out unless somethings broke lol. So i was wondering. do i have to go through the hassle of dealing with dean to get the exact same bridge. I dont need the whole thing, Just the part of the bridge with the grooves the strings go into. not the bolts going into the body. And i think a complication with getting another one besides dean would be that my bridge is slanted on my dean. I dont really know why. its just slanted a hair instead of being straight. Its the g string by the way. The whole groove just moves around freely so i want to replace the whole thing. i hope i can get a good one. without haveing to deal with dean. Just pick it up off a website. cause with dean you have to call/wait forever to get your

Anyways if you dont understand what im trying to say. heres a picture. Note how the bridge just sits on two bolts. i only need the bridge with the grooves. minus the bolts going into the body. anybody know if and where i can get something like this online. if so a link would help. ive searched for an hour. thanks

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3471/67kv1.jpg
urrgh
depends on where u live, but stewmac.com sells floyd parts.

most online guitar parts stores do. now let me look at what u need here...

EDIT: ok thats a TOM bridge, even easier. let me reread see what part ur missing cause the pic isnt clear.

EDIT2: sounds like ur talking about a saddle screw, maybe intonation screw?
let me find a few and u can pick.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 23, 2006,
No i mean replaceing the WHOLE bridge with something that is very similar to it
urrgh
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Awesome thanks EDIT Will that work considering my bridge is slanted a little bit? its not perfectly straight across. its a bit slanted. you know. Its supposed to be that way though
urrgh
ok well u would have to measure it, look at the "desciption" tab under tom bridges.
anyway, that's a tune-o-matic bridge. there are several brands, to choose from.
you can swap it out. im sorry, im just not sure what part was missing.

also if ur bridge is slanted, all u need to do is loosen the top screw and that will loosen the thumbwheel under it. you turn the thumbwheel up and down to level the bridge.

log's pic. the thumbwheel is pointed to by red arrow.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ohh, yeah, that shouldnt matter. the bridge will be a certain size and thats the main issue.

you can take this over to the custom section. im sure they can recommend the best TOM bridge for the money.

ive never had to swap that type of bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

that site looks prettty neat. did u ever use them?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

They're great, they've been supplying projectguitar.com on almost all of their projects. Also the cheapest site that i could find parts around coz they buy in tons. Should try 'em out
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic