Can I play songs played in Half step songs(Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb) in standard tuning and still have it sound similar? I want to play them exactly as they in 1/2 step down, I know if I move move all the notes 1 fret up, it'll be exact, but the notes still should sound 'relatively similar' if I play it normally on standard tuning right?
Yeah, you can play half step down songs in standard and it'll sound exactly the same just a little higher in pitch. but it wont sound the same if you are playing along with the song.
Been away, am back
Quote by jetru
Can I play songs played in Half step songs(Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb) in standard tuning and still have it sound similar? I want to play them exactly as they in 1/2 step down, I know if I move move all the notes 1 fret up, it'll be exact, but the notes still should sound 'relatively similar' if I play it normally on standard tuning right?

If you are playing in standard tuning, but want to sound like you're playing a half step down, you should move everything down a fret (away from the body of the guitar)
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by frenchyfungus
If you are playing in standard tuning, but want to sound like you're playing a half step down, you should move everything down a fret (away from the body of the guitar)

whoops, nevermind.