Alright, well, I currently run my DigiTech GNX4 through a Roland Cube 60 amp. I love my GNX4, but I'm finding it to get old. My other set-up (at my other house) is just a simple 100 dollar effects pedal I've had for 3 years through a Cube 30. When I bought my Cubes, I loved the sound, though, now it's getting trite.

I recently bought the DigiTech Death-Metal Distortion pedal, and love it. My plan, is to take my main rig (GNX4+60) to my other house (dad's house) and sell the one I have currently there to my neighbor. Then, I'll save up money and buy a new amp for main rig (mom's house).

I was hoping to buy a Krank amplifier and head, but that was shut out when I realized it would be a cool $3,000 - I'm not that rich. Then, I saw the Line 6 Spider II amp and head. Head and Cab . That's a good 500 bucks, and probably more. I have the money to buy it, I just don't know if I want to yet.

I need some advice on an amp to buy, preferably $550 at max. Also, some nice pedals to use, A Wah-Pedal, Chromatic Tuner, and Delay - or would I even need any?

I play mostly metal, so I'm looking for an Amp that will hold up some heavy distortion and some heavy blows.

Thanks,
-pHaKe
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
The Line 6 spider sucks, if you ask me. Sure, it's got really high gain, but it sounds boring. It's not at all dynamic.

The Peavey Valveking is an all-valve amp with some pretty high gain, it sounds great and is cheap, too. But it might sound a bit compressed at extreme settings.

A half-stack for 550 dollars will be tough...
I suggest checking out Hughes and Kettner amps. They make a lot of solid state amps which can be really good. They've got good modern metal tones.
Doesn't nessesarily have to be a Half-stack - just a good metal amp.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
after reading your thread title and how much you seem to know about amps, i couldnt resist giving the answer: a life!

Seriously now, buy a DSL 401 combo