At the minute i have a squier showmaster fitted with a seymour duncan invader which i play through a laney mxd 65 and a boss DS1 and a boss CE5.

I am thinking about either getting a epiphone les paul classic (with my seymour duncan pick up fitted), a epiphone les paul custom (with my seymour duncan pick up fitted) or a epiphone zakk wylde les paul custom with its standard EMGs.

I mainly play punk eg. (rise against, anti-flag, nofx) and sone metal (metallica, trivium ect.)

Which of these guitars should i get or which other guitars should i concider looking at?

I am also thinking about getting a marshall amp but im not sure which one to get. Is there much difference in the avts to the mgs or should i just save up for a tsl or dsl? and should i get a half stack or a combo?
Last edited by gjmmh123 at Sep 23, 2006,
Quote by 6_6_6_1_syn
The Amp...I've been looking for an amp for myself lately and I love Marshall, but after playing a Line 6 amp I've been looking into a Spider II cab with the HD amp head. They have tons of other models, and for what you're playing, I'd go with Line 6.

Threadstarter, dont get a Line 6 amp, they are horrid. For what you play, maybe a Marshall DSL401? Or what is your price range.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
£300 - £600 or more if its worth it (im from n. ireland) and should i get a halfstack or is there much difference?
Last edited by gjmmh123 at Sep 23, 2006,
I dont think that will get you a DSL401, maybe a cube would do you? Maybe a vox, some people will probably reccommend it, its a good amp but i dont really like it for the style of music you play. I also play a lot of rise against with my band, and its not made for that.
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by JesseIbanez
Threadstarter, dont get a Line 6 amp, they are horrid. For what you play, maybe a Marshall DSL401? Or what is your price range.

You said that now your saying its not made for what i play?
I said a Vox is maybe not for what you play, not the Marshall, the Marshall would do you fine. People will disagree with me on the Vox, but seeing as I have one and play some of the same stuff you do, I dont think itd be great for you.
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT