Hey guys could you give me the scoop on line-6 amps. I'm looking for a combo in the $200-$400 price range for a garage band practice and these looked good, but i don't trust the salesmen in my guitar center. I play a lotta classic rock some blues and a little metal. (Allman bros, Black Sabbath, George Thorogood, Zeppelin) Does anybody know if these are reliable?

Thanks, Mike
^x3
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
x6

All depends on whether you like solidstate or tube sound. Tube is SO MUCH better, but a lot more expensive.
are you guys forgetting about the valvetronix series for this guy?
the cube is more for metal the valvetronix is wayyyyyy more versatile and i can get good classic rock and metal sounds out of it
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Quote by ledzep1023
are you guys forgetting about the valvetronix series for this guy?
the cube is more for metal the valvetronix is wayyyyyy more versatile and i can get good classic rock and metal sounds out of it

No, no it cant. The cube is much better for him.
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by JesseIbanez
No, no it cant. The cube is much better for him.

Now there's something new. He plays a majority of Classic Rock and a bit of metal, so he must get an amp that's designed to play metal. Lol.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
Now there's something new. He plays a majority of Classic Rock and a bit of metal, so he must get an amp that's designed to play metal. Lol.

Oh i thought he said mostly metal. In that case the Vox would be better with maybe a pedal for metal.
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
could GG&A forum get a disclaimer up on top specifically for people looking for info on Line 6 amps to do a search for Line 6? cuz this comes up WAY too much
Line 6 are crap. Save up a little more, you can get a good Marshall TSL for 500 euro.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Line 6 are ****ty modeling amps. Seeing that your max is 400 dollars I would say look into the Roland Cube models.
Member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991 Club". PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Dean Guitars.
everyone saying "line 6 suck"

SHUT UP

It's only their Spider series which are terrible- the flextones are okay and the Vettas are pretty good.

I'd side with the Vox Valvetronix though as it is quite versatile, but can't really do high gain metal, but from the metal you described, you won't need tonnes of gain.

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^^Finaly someone said it, it's right that the Spiders aren't very good, but I played a Flextone and it was Ok, and the Vettas are said to be really good, my brother gets a very decent sound out of his, although I never played it.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
^
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Yngwi3

SHUT UP

It's only their Spider series which are terrible- the flextones are okay and the Vettas are pretty good.

^+1
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
I've often said that Flextones are pretty nifty amps, but I digress.

The Spiders are dross, avoid them. The Vox Valtronix series may be what you're after though, they're very nice amps for the money.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Spiders are basically made for kids or beginners who want lots of really cheap and cheesy effects. Cube, valvetronix, and maybe crate flexwave (but not for modelling) would be good for you.
Quote by Yngwi3

SHUT UP

I'd side with the Vox Valvetronix though as it is quite versatile, but can't really do high gain metal, but from the metal you described, you won't need tonnes of gain.

The Vox Valvetronix can only 'JUST' do metal. Stick it on US High gain, and crack the gain up to max and you can get a okay metal tone. But if your looking for lots of Metal tones this isnt for you. How ever if you want a very versatile amp with a good tone and fairly decent effects go for the Vox Valvetronix

I got mine yesterday, I am certainly not dissapointed!
Quote by Deviant1853
The Vox Valvetronix can only 'JUST' do metal. Stick it on US High gain, and crack the gain up to max and you can get a okay metal tone. But if your looking for lots of Metal tones this isnt for you.

What kinds of metal tones can you get from it? i shouldn't imagine that heavy?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Umm no the valvetronix won't give you crazy metal sounds. Vox is coming out with new Valvetronix XL amps that will be able to handle a lot more gain and more metal sounds. You can wait for that, should come out in august or so.
Well I can get a fairly heavy tone. This is on the Vox Valvetronix AD30VT. Using Boutique OD (I find it gives better note clarification than the US High gain) with 3/4 gain, cranked volume & treble, low mids, and medium bass. All effects are bypassed.

http://media.putfile.com/Metal-Tone

Thats my very badly done version of the intro to Machine Head - Davidian. Recorded through a terrible microphone that has very badly clipped the sound unfortunately. The quality of this recording really does it absolutely no justice. It isn't the most heavy of tones but it certainly does for what I want to play.
Last edited by Deviant1853 at Jun 17, 2007,
*bump* Id like some feedback as to what people think of that Tone, if they think it is heavy or not
the spider amps are crap, but the POD series of things they make are awesome.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Flextones are pretty good, but whatever you do avoid the Spider series and the Marshall MG series. The Vox AD series is pretty good, but if you save up to 600 bucks you can get a Vox AC15 which is an amazing amp.
Quote by jake911
Why are we bashing the line6's we should be bashing the damn MG's, and yes the spyder series does suck.

Because the topic is on Line 6 Spiders ?