how long does it useually take you to learn a new song?
I know it can vary alot depending on the difficulty. So you dont have to be very accurate. give me like an avrage of how much time you put in eac h new song you learn.
thx
PS: sepcify how long you have been playing too.
Ive been playing for about 2 years now, and I'd say it takes me less then a half hour to pick up an easy song. But learning more difficult songs usually takes me a couple hours of practice till i can get it down right. Alot of people tell me I'm a quick learner though.

Why do you wanna know this anyway?
I've been playing Guitar for almost a year now, and I can pick up easy songs in about a hour (Well less, but I like to try to get to grips with the fingering). Harder songs take me about 3 or 4 hours just to get to grips with, then within a few days I can pretty much nail it.
I just wanted to know to see if I am a slow-avrage or fast learner.
I've been using the troy stetina rythym guitar method which has about 6 songs to learn. It takes me 2 or 3 days to learn a song really well.
Wow maybe I really wasn't ment to play guitar. I must be a really, really horrible slow learner. Or maybe I have crappy coordination skills and crappy muscle memory.

I have been trying to master this one song (which is about only a minute long) for like 3 weeks. I still miss the strings, I am still slow with the changing of fingers, and my picking hand is still not accurate, like I'll hit the wrong string and then I'll just screw up.

I've been playing like 3 months.

If your interested the song I'm trying to master is Patterns in the Ivy by Opeth.

Also to give you an idea of how much free time i have, I am not in school right now, and work 2-3 days a week only. So I lots of free time to practice.
Just take it slow and dont pick a song out of your league.
My first guitar teacher taught me that you should play so slow that you feel like you can play it perfectly
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Where do you guys find accurate tabs?I mean,I find tabs in UG,but they sound different at certain parts,then I'll get discouraged,and leave my guitar...I dont get it,they're rated 5 stars,but they sound different at certain places.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Well recently it's taking me like a week because I can't seem to start learning a new song without getting sidetracked by another 5 I start to learn . That and I'm not playing as much as I used to.
Quote by Broken-pick
Where do you guys find accurate tabs?I mean,I find tabs in UG,but they sound different at certain parts,then I'll get discouraged,and leave my guitar...I dont get it,they're rated 5 stars,but they sound different at certain places.

Be sure to check the comments on the tab, if it has any. People usually post corrections there.

As for how long it takes me to learn a song....

For a rhythm riff of a song, it usually takes me about 30 minutes to an hour, depends on the difficulty.

Solos however......they take me a long time to get down.

I've been playing for almost 2 years.
It all depends on the difficulty of the song, and which part of the song sets me back. A difficult song with a solo is going to knock me off to a day or two to learn.
That's all I wanted to do as a kid. Play a guitar properly and jump around. But too many people got in the way. -Syd Barrett