Hello,
I am new to the forum. I play a Yamaha Acoustic that was passed down to me from my dad. I play everyday as much as i can... Which is usually about 3 hours a day.. If not more... I plan on buying an electric guitar soon. I have $360 to spend. I have narrowed my choices down to two guitars... I think...or at least two different routes to choose...

Buy a Jay Tursner Les Paul for roughly $350 and get a strap...(I have played my buddies Jay Tursner LP and i love the way it feels... I have also played the exact same one at the local music shop and love it as well and the one at the music shop would be the one that i would be getting.)

Or

Buy a Squier Strat, a decent amp, a strap and a cable for roughly $350.

If i go with the Les Paul. I could probably borrow an amp off of my buddy until i get enough money to buy my own.

What do yall think?

I am open to any suggestions of any sort... even a completly different guitar...

I borrowed my buddies Series 10 SG for a night and his crate amp and i loved it! He sold the guitar to his cousin... If his cousin would sell the guitar i would buy it! It would only cost like $175 i believe... It shouldnt be any more than that... But i dont know if his cousin would sell it or not...

Thanks,
AC/DCRocker1214
I would stay away from the strat pack, everyone i know who has one hates it, those jay turser pauls are a great buy if you could borrow that amp from your friend. Or if you want an amp i would suggest buying a squire custom telecaster for 200$ and a vox 15 watt amp, it might cost like 10$ more but its well worth it.
Good luck bro
If you want a good and cheap amp, go for Vox' Pathfinder 10. It's a good amp and for under 100$.
Wait a little until you got the money, buy the LP and the Vox amp are buy the LP and borrow the amp until you've got enough money for your own.
They Have good cheep ibanez guitars for like 200usd and buy a little practice amp ive had jay turser guitars they arent all that good
Quote by M4jorpiz
They Have good cheep ibanez guitars for like 200usd and buy a little practice amp ive had jay turser guitars they arent all that good

It all depends on the Style he wants to play. On the sound he wants. I'd say he may want a fat sound delivered by Gibson/Epiphone-Type guitars. Not High-Gain.
Quote by kle
It all depends on the Style he wants to play. On the sound he wants. I'd say he may want a fat sound delivered by Gibson/Epiphone-Type guitars. Not High-Gain.

I am looking for a sound that says classic rock... Like AC/DC, ZZ Top, and Lynyrd Skynyrd... From what i have played of it... The Jay Turser LP fits that style more than a Squier Strat or a Ibanez... I have looked at them and played them... but to me they dont suit me as well as the LP does.

Thanks all that replied.. I am planning on getting the Jay Turser LP if i can get to it before someone else does... and then seein if i can borrow an amp off of my buddy until i get enough money to get one..

Thanks again...
Yeah, the LP will fit your style way better then a Strat. Skynyrd, Ac/Dc and the early ZZ Top all played Gibsons.
Go for the LP!
Ugh, why does everybody assume Squier is crap? If you shop around and get a good example they can rival better guitars easily. Alot of Squiers also come with Duncan designed pups which are pretty damn good for the money paid for the guitar.

My Squier came with a maple body plays the same as my friend's cousin's Fender MIM Strat for 1/3 of the price (Don't say Z0mg that can't be true because it is, I've played them both), and it came with the strat pack. Sure, the amp is crap, but you could do worse.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.