So I'm getting $400 from my parents to do whatever I want with. I've decided I'm going to continue pursuing a JCM900 4100 instead of getting the SL-X and settling for less. Here's what I was thinking about doing with it:

1) Buying a cab: I was considering buying a cab via Carvin. They're supposed to be like Marshall cabs on 'roids. I was also thinking about buying a cab via Lopoline and getting some speakers off Ebay. I was already thinking about just saving up my money to buy one since I'm getting one at a reasonable price.
2) Buying a new guitar: As shown in my sig, I currently own an Epi Les Paul Custom. I'd like another guitar to leave in some other tuning I play in (EX: C#, D standard, Drop C, etc). I'm kinda digging the idea of getting an ESP Viper 400 or a Fender Mexi Tele. I'll just take the $400 and save up.
3) Buying effects: I dream of owning a closet full of FX. I'm in need of a chorus pedal, phaser pedal, and tons of others. I'd like some effects, but I feel like they can wait, since I'm not looking to get anything super expensive.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
boss gt-8 for effects, thing is amazing, that is if ur not all about tubes
Quote by RHCP Guitar Guy
I finally found the perfect metal tone!!
Here it is
http://www.box.net/to
Guess what gear I'm using

Quote by OldHairyOne
Oh dear god
You butchered a great solo
I'd guess you're using a stray cat and a rock?

Quote by otherkid
i dub ye the man with nicest finished guitars
If you can find one, get a Boss GT-6. If not, the new Boss GT-8 owns, but its pretty expensive. They have it all.
Reefer ftw.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

I'm not down with multi-FX. I'm talking single effects here. I find multi-FX to be lacking and frankly, a rip-off. And we all know there's nothing cooler than a guy with a full pedalboard.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
i got my gt-8 for 310 shipped on ebay, GREAT condition
Quote by RHCP Guitar Guy
I finally found the perfect metal tone!!
Here it is
http://www.box.net/to
Guess what gear I'm using

Quote by OldHairyOne
Oh dear god
You butchered a great solo
I'd guess you're using a stray cat and a rock?

Quote by otherkid
i dub ye the man with nicest finished guitars
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
There's really no point to buy a cab now....wait till you get the head.

In all honesty, if you can't think of a good way to spend your money, don't spend it.

I tend to let money burn a hole in my pocket at times. I'm putting about half of every one of my paychecks (I get paid about $250 every week, depending on how much commission I make. However, I'm getting paid $500 since the JC Penney's I work for hasn't opened and is paying me $8.40 an hour to compensate for commission.) towards guitar stuff. I really don't have anything else I really wanna spend my money on.

Anyhow, back on track, I'm not going to buy the cab, if I do decide to buy it, until after I purchase the head. I might just save up for a while and take a shot at getting a Recto cab or Orange cab.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
meh the GT8, as with all multi effects, is not a good investment. Its harder to use and less controllable.

plus you'd only use about 7-8 mediocre effects (lets be honest, you arent using all of them or even half.)

a good investment would be individual pedals (DL4, a small clone, OD9, a phase 90) then use any left over for saving for a new guitar

THAT is a good investment and some pedals you can use for yearrss (great analog pedals too)
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
drink n drugs.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Quote by JET116
meh the GT8, as with all multi effects, is not a good investment. Its harder to use and less controllable.

plus you'd only use about 7-8 mediocre effects (lets be honest, you arent using all of them or even half.)

a good investment would be individual pedals (DL4, a small clone, OD9, a phase 90) then use any left over for saving for a new guitar

THAT is a good investment and some pedals you can use for yearrss (great analog pedals too)

Well, I already have a DL-4 and I'm getting a Boss PH-2 for free. I wanna try out the MXR Phase 90 and the EHX Small Stone & Clone pedals because I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm trying to keep away from digital effects, minus the Line 6 FM-4 I want.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Quote by Ambulance X
I'm not down with multi-FX. I'm talking single effects here. I find multi-FX to be lacking and frankly, a rip-off. And we all know there's nothing cooler than a guy with a full pedalboard.

yeah single effects can be the shizzle, but a Boss GT-8 is like the top line of multi-FX and it kicks some serious butt!

But I wouldn't invest your money in effects, go for the amp/cab. First try to get a decent clean sound and distortion sound out of your amp alone, then you can look for all sorts of whacky effects!