I've got to make a music video in my French class so I was wondering if there were any French thrash or maybe even metalcore bands that are any good.
Les Legionaires Noires are all french black metal bands if i remember correctly.

Besides that, i can't really remember much else. Some stuff from Quebec maybe?
Do the lyrics have to be in french? This will make a big difference to the responses you get.
Deathspell Omega, Vlad Tepes, Blut Aus Nord, Gorod, Mutiilation, Ad Hominem, and probably more that I can't think of.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by frozen-dirt
Do the lyrics have to be in french? This will make a big difference to the responses you get.

Yeah... the lyrics have to be in French.
Exkrement - french thrash metal band
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Il y a plusieurs bon groupe français métal.. Par example, les Ghoulunatics(Galy Records) viennent de sortir un CD entièrement francophone qui s'intitule Cryogénie. En plus, le groupe thrash Anonymus du québec ont plusieurs chanson françaises aussi, tel que Un Pied Dans La Tombe, ou même le groupe L'Académie du Massacre avec Mononc' Serge avec les chansons tel que C'est bon Les Patates etc...

That's all I can think of right now...

-Ghoulunaticshttp://
-Anonymushttp://
-L'Académie du massacre(Mononc Serge+Anonymus)http://
Hahaha. I have to do that same project, and I'm just playing A Tout le Monde by Megadeth in front of the class. I coulden't find anything else either.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Oh ****, I just remembered too... Most HILARIOUS lyrics you'll ever read in french(si vous êtes français vous allez comprendre), this band has some metal stuff, they're called Urban Aliens, some punk/metal stuff too, but their latest CD is alot more metal, they even got Lord Worm to do vocals on this one track, and a bonus disco track by the guitarist from Cryptopsy, anyways. The founding member is Steven Henry(he started Neuraxis, so you know its good). The

www.urbanaliens.com

PS

Lyrics are VERY bad, maybe not good to play at school since song titles are like Pourquoi ne suces-tu plus, Gros Criss and stuff
Gorod!!!!!!!!
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by Xenobiotic
Oh ****, I just remembered too... Most HILARIOUS lyrics you'll ever read in french(si vous êtes français vous allez comprendre), this band has some metal stuff, they're called Urban Aliens, some punk/metal stuff too, but their latest CD is alot more metal, they even got Lord Worm to do vocals on this one track, and a bonus disco track by the guitarist from Cryptopsy, anyways. The founding member is Steven Henry(he started Neuraxis, so you know its good). The

www.urbanaliens.com

PS

Lyrics are VERY bad, maybe not good to play at school since song titles are like Pourquoi ne suces-tu plus, Gros Criss and stuff

That was pretty bad.

Quick poll: who speaks french?
Stéphan Forté, the guitarist (and founding member of) Adagio is from France

they're a neo-classical progressive metal band

EDIT: to grimreaper65 , I speak french (I have to--I live in Québec!)

EDIT2: sorry, just realized that the lyrics have to be french (just pick an instrumental of theirs...)
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
Last edited by Shreddin 4 Life at Sep 23, 2006,
Anorexia Nervosa, Gestapo 666.....

thats all I can think of right now

EDIT: Oh wait nevermind those are black metal.
Quote by laffyjam
Anorexia Nervosa, Gestapo 666.....

thats all I can think of right now

EDIT: Oh wait nevermind those are black metal.

And I doubt that thier lyrics are in french. Also not thrash, but french and with french lyrics: Crystallium.
anybody into seth? black metal band from france

oh and I speak french
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Quote by grimreaper65

That was pretty bad.

Quick poll: who speaks french?

Obviously you don't? What was so bad..

Anyway, those are some awesome bands I suggested..Y'all should check em' out.
Deathspell Omega, Gojira, Dagoba, Blut Aus Nord, Mutiilation, Ad Hominem, Monolithe
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Yyrkoon are French, I believe. The lyrics aren't in French, but they still own.

People keep mentioning Gojira, and I'm sure if they sing in French.
Quote by XBodomX
I speak french, I live in a city full of Acadians so I had to learn it even though all the french kids rather speak english.

trust me, in Québec, things are very different
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
^From the same area as Into Eternity.

I was going to say Voivod... they are indeed from Quebec.