One or two of my guitar strings make a slight buzz *after* a note a played, its not that bad but i'm thinking if fixing it.

I've been told its because my nut is set too low and might need a new one, so I'm wondering if there's any good companies that make nuts or just a good nut style. And also, how high it will need to be set to make them not buzz.

I've had my Epiphone G-400 since about March this year, does this usually happen on these guitars? Shall i take it back to the shop and try to get them to fix it - its not a major problem but i'd like it fixed. So, any information on Nut makes, prices and how i shall go about getting it fixed will be great.

I'm also going to get some Elixir strings, shall i put them on after I get it fixed? Also....i've been told thicker strings would be good for the type of music I play. Which is rock/indie and nothing too heavy. What thickness would i need? At the moment i would mostly play rhythm and not many solos.

Any advice or tips would be great
Last edited by chipmunkthe3 at Sep 23, 2006,
You have a high fret or the nut is too low and the bridge is too high or vice versa if you have a fret you have to get thr truss rod adjusted and the nut and brigde file down one and raise the other
Dimebag Is God!!!!

President Of The Official Dimebag Darrell Fan Club
PM Me to Join

Member #28 of the Official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
whomever told you to replace your nut is a fkcniug idiot. Your action is too low, if you re-adjust the action higher and you still get string buzz the truss rod needs to be adjusted. If this is the case i suggest bringing it to a repair shop unless you know what your doing. But for heavens sake DONT TOUCH THE NUT!
Last edited by Cloberman at Sep 24, 2006,