well the strap button that holds your strap on..... came loose on my guitar the other day. when i went to screw it back in, the screw just kept on spinning in the hole and wouldnt tighten. Now i cant play because the buttom comes out very high and almost falls off. does anyone know how i could fix this?!
do a search for "strap button" and "toothpick" theres a million threads.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
put glue in the hole, put the button in, and let it set for a day. you just stripped the wood.
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
I wouldn't glue it, I'd use toothpicks or matchsticks. Shove a toothpick or two or one matchstick in the hole, snap it off flush with the body and screw the button back on. Simple as.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
^ Yes, use the toothpicks/matchstick method...
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
or screw another hole in the thing
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
^ Or not...

Personally, I fill the hole with wood glue, then jam toothpicks/matches/peices of popsicle sticks in the hole, cut of the stuff sticking out, wipe off the excess glue, then wait for it to dry.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club