So I know barely anythin about guitars just yet, and I am getting one sometime this week...anyway, what is this slider for? The one with the big black arrow pointing to it:

That thing is the Pickup switch.

Pickups are magnetic things that sit under your strings and pick the sound up. Moving this switch selects different ones, as they make different sounds. The one closer to the neck has a warmer, bassier sound, while the one closer to the bridge is brighter and sharper.

Hope that helps.
Its a toggle switch you can change what pickup or humbucker your using the ones near the neck are for clean the ones near the bridge is for dist. sounds
Dimebag Is God!!!!

President Of The Official Dimebag Darrell Fan Club
PM Me to Join

Member #28 of the Official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
Quote by INNOCENT VICTIM
Its a toggle switch you can change what pickup or humbucker your using the ones near the neck are for clean the ones near the bridge is for dist. sounds

you're dumb, there are no humbuckers in that guitar, and the pickups don't make clean/distorted sounds, they change the treble
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Unless your really good. In which case, it controls the temperature of the sun.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by alienboy18241
Unless your really good. In which case, it controls the temperature of the sun.

I'd laugh...but that wasn't funny.

As said, it selects which pickup you're using.

You have 5 options.

Bridge - Bridge and middle - middle - middle and neck - neck
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by cerveza
you're dumb, there are no humbuckers in that guitar, and the pickups don't make clean/distorted sounds, they change the treble

he meant a guitar that would have buckers. didn't say they are on.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Where would you put the selector switch if you wanted all pickups to become activated?
Quote by Reez
Where would you put the selector switch if you wanted all pickups to become activated?

You can't without changing the wiring.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by frenchyfungus
You can't without changing the wiring.

wouldnt it sound horrible anyway? with the signal being out of phase....
Been away, am back
I somehow managed to wire my Bridge pup so it's out of phase or whatever with the middle one.

It sounds different, but not crap, lots of treble; really good soloing sound out of it.

But with all three pups, I can imagine it being pretty muddy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Actually, on some models of Fender Stratocasters there's a thing that lets you add the bridge pickup to whatever combination you're using, so you can select mid/neck position, push the button, and rock jam with all three pickups.
What if your guitar has double humbuckers or just two single coils (or all three of the same types) it would still sound like crap ?
Quote by Reez
What if your guitar has double humbuckers or just two single coils (or all three of the same types) it would still sound like crap ?

*following statements are taking into account that all the pickups are on*
Dual humbuckers sound good, especially if you mess with the tone and volume levels of them both.
A pair of single coils should sound pretty good depending on where they are both positioned- Ive never tried though.
Tripple humbuckers sound horrible, its just one whole big nasty mess. Ive had no joy out of trying that out.
As said, triple single soils dont sound too great either, but I havnt had a chance to try it much to be honest.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。