I have a Washburn W587, and I want to upgrade the pickups on it. What do you guys reccomend? I don't really want to buy active pickups, and I never really use my neck pickup. I'm in a hardcore/metal/progressive band, and the pickup needs to have high output, and good harmonics (I love harmonics). The clean channel just has to be decent. I'm willing to spend about $150.
Last edited by Unskathed at Sep 23, 2006,
Dimarzio Blaze pickups are pretty good and made for 7-string guitars.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
i just got an ibanez 7 string, rg 1527, i like the pickups in it, theyre pretty nice, and i play mostly progressive metal, theyve got pretty good harmonics, i havent messed around with pinch harmonics yet, but im sure they can handle them easy, i have a 6 string washburn, and these pickups are like twice as loud as those, i do a lot of finger picking stuff with the ones i have, on clean usually, and they sound pretty good

check em out, i dont know exactly what model or make they are, either that or check into some duncans
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Dimarzio Blaze pickups.

/Thread.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?